2006 B7610 hard starting after warm

tony58

Sep 29, 2016
Joelton Tn 37080
Got a 2006 B7610 with under 400 hrs.on clock.When cold it starts good after 3-4 sec.on the glow plugs.After you run it awhile it will have to sit a good while(1-2hours) before it will start.No engine never runs hot.Usually stays in the C on temp. gauge.When you turn off engine you don't hear the click after a few seconds.Fuel shutoff re setting?I know the fuel shutoff is getting fire, because touching it you can feel the on and off click.Probably needs a new fuel shut off?
I need to get it back to where I can restart at will...

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Two kind of fuel shutoffs, one when activated allows fuel while tractor is running, other one cuts fuel off when engine stops, then returns to run mode after 4-5 seconds.

As pat said, if you are seeing puffs of smoke while cranking its likely not the shutoff, but more likely a weak battery or starter.

Wouldnt hurt to inspect your fuses, connectors under dash, if it is a cutoff problem, it may not have enough pull-in voltage due to low voltage or poor connection.

tony58

Sep 29, 2016
Joelton Tn 37080
Its got a good battery,spends freely.No smoke while cranking when hot.No click 4-5 seconds after shut off.Fuel shut off is getting power.Thanks

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Ok sounds like a fuel solenoid. The B7610 had some vent problems with their cap and also check the fuel filter bowl is full of fuel. If not the check the check valve in the center for garbage.

Pat