kubota rtv 400ci shutting down in the middle of the day

jnoyce

Sep 29, 2016
US
I have 2 kubota rtv 400ci's, In the heat of the day they lose power. seems like a fuel issue but i can not narrow ot down, air filters are clean, fluids are good, new spark plug, fuel injector is clean, nothing blocking the cooling side of the motor. I have turned these in to get fixed at a kubota dealer amd they said it had the wrong spark plug in ot which was wrong on their part. I have been running one from 8am until about 230 when it shut down on me. i can restart it and drive a few feet before it dies again. tomorrow morning it will run perfect until the afternoon. has anybody had this same issue with these rtv400ci or does anybody have a suggestion?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
it's got an electric fuel pump, so it's possible that the filter is plugged. Or the pump could be failing. But you'll need to isolate it by doing a fuel flow test before ordering or even removing the pump for filter inspection. Take the fuel line off and check the flow while cranking the engine. You'll know real quick if the problem is in the pump or elsewhere.