BX2750D Snowblower + Electric Chute Deflection?

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
It's not too early for snowblower talk is it?? :p

My front mount BX2750D (on my BX2360) worked incredibly well last year during the blizzard we had in the Northeast, but one real PITA was the manual chute deflector with the big, oversized plastic nut that I had to keep adjusting to put the snow right where it needed to go. It really slows down the work when you have to keep getting on/off to change it.

I've seen a number of folks have installed an electric actuator to do this task, but I'm a complete novice when it comes how to run/install the wiring and the switch, and I cannot do any welding. Are there any walkthroughs out there that detail the parts list, and how to run the electric and the switch? I just want to change out the deflection, I'll keep using the manual crank rotation.

Speaking of which, I remember seeing a thread, somewhere, that showed a company that sold an actual Kubota crank handle bracket that bolted somewhere close to the FEL boss. My current option is the little metal ring that bolts to the FEL handle, which I really DO NOT LIKE. Does anyone have any idea what this is? I've tried searching and couldn't find it.

Thanks for any info guys!

And Go Orange!

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
That's exactly the thread I saw, but couldn't figure out how to find it! Thanks very much! Very nice..

Now I just have to figure out how to power this chute! :)

KeithG

Equipment
2000 Kubota B2710, Woods BH75 backhoe, LandPride York Rake, B2783 Snow Blower
Jan 1, 2016
Rindge, NH
I installed a linear actuator on my snowblower chute and it ended up being a very easy install. I think Kubota wanted like $900 to do it and I did it all for less than $100.

First you need to buy the linear actuator (I bought mine from Amazon): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K553RIC/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Next you need to buy the switch that is a rocker switch which will reverse the polarity depending on whether you push the switch up or down. Again I bought mine from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00U1G5AR6/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Then I bought an all season quick connector so I could unplug the snowblower from the tractor when I took it off for the season. These are usually easy to find from any auto parts store. You only need two wires.

When I connected the actuator to my snowblower I used two stainless steel bolts but I found out later you can buy the bracket that mounts on the chute from Kubota as a single part. I would recommend doing this as it will not put any torque on the chute and you will not need the plastic washers to keep the chute sides from binding.

I have uploaded a picture of the switch. I would suggest you get the right size actuator (i.e. the length is the length you need to move the chute through its full motion).

I have a short video of the actuator working but I cannot upload it... :(

Good Luck, -Keith

Attachments

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
https://vimeo.com/181233501
The actuator was about 75 dollars,I did weld the homemade brackets on but I am sure they could be fastened on with bolts. A little wire,a fuse and a double pole double throw switch and your in business. Hope you able to see video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkil

Last edited:

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Great information guys, thanks for posting the details. Awesome stuff!

For power, did you guys use the extra wire leads that I hear are on the back of the tractor? I haven't looked for them yet but I've read about them.

torch

Equipment
B7100HSD, B2789, B2550, B4672, 48" cultivator, homemade FEL and Cab
Jun 10, 2016
Muskoka, Ont.
The actuator was about 75 dollars,Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkil
I'm guessing the actuator came from Princess Auto. Where did you get the gear reduction motor that's rotating the chute?

OBKubota

Equipment
2014Gr2120,Gr2728Snowblower,Gck5GrassCatcher,agri-FabSpreader
Oct 21, 2014
Ontario
I'm guessing the actuator came from Princess Auto. Where did you get the gear reduction motor that's rotating the chute?

Correct on the actuator. I just went to auto wreckers and got old power window motor for the rotator. I got 2 double pole double throw switches that I mounted in the dash.
I forget exactly where I stole the power from but not the rear of tractor,the battery I think and they are fused. Sure beats the manual way and a lot cheaper than dealer installed units. All together it was less than $150. Only problem was getting power window motor gear to mate with snowblower gear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

07wingnut

Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Clearwater, BC, CA
Just a note of caution with the chute deflector linear actuator. Mounting it upside down (ram facing downward) keeps the snow from settling and freezing the ram to the cylinder. You will have to make allowances for the electrical wire moving a little every time you change your deflector setting.

OrangeLivin

Sep 9, 2015
Eastern
Thanks for all the info guys, you've given me some good stuff to think about. Should I just tie into the extra wires that are wrapped up at the back of the tractor for the electrics? I'm assuming they'll need to be fused? I am, really, an electrical dummy...

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
Great information guys!! The chute deflection is a great idea....

I have a second driveway and this will make life easy!

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
https://vimeo.com/181233501
The actuator was about 75 dollars,I did weld the homemade brackets on but I am sure they could be fastened on with bolts. A little wire,a fuse and a double pole double throw switch and your in business. Hope you able to see video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkil
Is there a specific length that the actuator is? 4inch stroke? 6inch stroke?

Thank you in advanced.