ZD321 mower blades will not disengage

Frustrated Mower

Sep 29, 2016
Indiana
The lever to my ZD321 mower will not disengage. Since I removed myself from the mower, now I cannot start the mower or move it. Has anyone had this problem before? Do you know how to get the leverage to disengage. Is there anything I can do to get the mower started? My husband is going to be upset I broke his mower!

1970cs

Apr 26, 2016
Grand Ledge
Does the lever move back and forth? If it does I would assume that the safety switch failed or a wiring issue.

Pat

KenB2920

Equipment
L5240 brush hog,flail mower,wicked grapple,tiller,Danuser F-8 PHD,BB,RB 7' rake
Jun 17, 2011
Almont, mi
The first thing I would check is all the safety features. Be sure the arms are out and against the switches. Be sure then brake is on as I have a switch there to (I have a different mower but all have some similar concepts). Next be sure there is no obstruction under the seat font at switch. Be seated on the mower and try to start it. If you hear nothing ( no sound of the engine cranking) turn then blades in and off a few time. If it's the yellow button type, I've seen them where they.ve had an issue. Mine has only done it once but my neighbors does it all the time (cub cadet commercial). However he has the same switch my scag has as well as most exmarks. I can't put my finger on the exact issue.

Hope you get it fixed before your hubby offs you j/k..... get back and let us know how it goes or what the answer it.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Follow the linkage down from the PTO lever to the transmission. Chances are good that the links are either bent or whatever, causing the transmission lever to be moved "over center" causing it to get stuck.