The Big Tool Rack is NOT a toy!

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
It seems to be well built. It is way over priced despite the apparent structure.

I would think it would be handy in a few instances but overall....not so much.

If used on relatively smooth ground I can see it working fine. But when using the loader you need a relatively heavy counterbalance.....not a mobile tool box.

But if you are tooling around a compound unloading trucks with the forks and doing some light groundskeeping it could be handy.

I just don't see it in my future. But hey, if the OP likes and uses it that's great.

It's his opinion.
This implement weighs over 300 lbs EMPTY.
It jas a weight bracket to add suitcase weights if needed.
When loaded there is almost as much weight as my ballast box.
I have hilly forest ground and it is not a problem to get around.
Depending how you would use it the cost may seem high.
But I have spent more money on imolements that only get used several times a year.
This gets used weekly, therefore my cost is justified.
For what it is worth I am NOT an employee' or a sales rep for the Big Tool Rack as some have assumed.
Just a very satisfied customer that is happy with a quality implement.
There are hundreds of posts on here with people bragging on their tractors, grapples, backhoes, etc.
I am just bragging on my Big Tool Rack for the same reason as those above.
We love our tractors and attachments!

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
The important thing is that you like it, a nice write up and pictures. It is nice to see things people have built or bought for their tractors. While for me it is way out of my price range I do think the casters are a real nice idea.

bucktail

Equipment
L1500DT, 6' king kutter back blade, boom, dirt scoop ford disk JD212
Jun 13, 2016
MN
it will be fun to see what this inspires down in the fabrication forum.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
lc12, nice post. You explain in detain that amazes most, so they think you're a sales rep. That's a compliment to your description because of your own appreciation of the implement.

You may have taken offense because many didn't add much more after looking at the link, except the price was out of their league. That's just human nature.

There would be folks that approve/like it if they could get it with zero percent financing when they bought theirs!!

I suggest just enjoy it and leave the naysayers be. Don't let folks get your goat because you bought something they can't afford/justify!:D

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Gees, personally I am glad to hear info about various attachments. Surprising how often something I assume would never apply for my uses changes.

Part of the country I grew up in a M5 series would be for hauling bales for feeding and mowing the side of the section line road and perhaps moving trailors around. Not much use for the serious work. On the other hand way more horse power and to big physically for my uses doing grade work on projects and fixing up drives. Way to much money for my poor wallet also :)

Everyone’s needs differ and information is something I always try to retain for later on down the road.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
it's a Swiss Army Knife' carry-all. Looks like they thought of most options..
Ok, I can see how it'd be useful but I have a 'silly' question. What's the orange twist ties' on the 3pt arms for ?

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Whoa boys, no reason to get personal. We are supposed to be friends and share our experiences. I like seeing attachments that others have bought and how they like them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Newlyme

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M4900 w/loader, finish mower, tiller, auger, rake. BX24 w/loader, backhoe
May 27, 2015
Nelson Ohio USA
....On the other side there are a lot of Amish farmers in my area doing what you do with a team of horses.
Now you did it!!!
I'll bet his wife's horses are bigger too! :D

Back on topic.

lc12, nice rack.

Whoops hope you're not female. :p
Let me rephrase that ,
Nice tool rack. If I were to buy one I think that would be the one.
Thanks for sharing.

Missouribound

Equipment
B2320, FEL, BOX BLADE, FINISH MOWER, QUICK HITCH
Jun 17, 2014
Missouri
I spent a little time looking at the BTR on Youtube. It pretty much confirms my earlier assessment. It looks well made and I am sure it is.
I can see it being very handy in many circumstances. But I see it as way too pricey. I do have an idea though for those of you who prefer to invent their own devices. Start with a Job Box. I see them for $250 to $400 or more depending on the size. then attach the lower pins and upper mount for a 3 point.
Add casters if they fit your need. (Many job boxes are already drilled for wheels or come with them.)
I am not knocking the BTR at all. But a job box would give you a closed container that you could leave on site and lock up. As far as hauling hay bales....I think the bucket still may be the preferred device.
If the BTR was $500-600....I would definitely consider buying one.
Just my two cents.

lc12

Dec 23, 2017
US
it's a Swiss Army Knife' carry-all. Looks like they thought of most options..

Ok, I can see how it'd be useful but I have a 'silly' question. What's the orange twist ties' on the 3pt arms for ?
I have the Pat's Quick Hitch and have had a few instances where the latch lock would slide open and one arm would slip out.
The twist ties are to keep the latch lock in place.
I even bought orange to match my tractor! lol

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Thanks for the 'twist tie' reply ! Sounds like some 'springs' are not 'springy' enough in the latches ? When I replaced the springs on the 'lift latches' springs of my A-C D-14 I put stronger ones on. No worries now...cept WHEN will the rain go AWAY !!!
Jay