BH Subframe for a L2850 available?

jcsmith

Equipment
L2850
May 20, 2019
Canada
Hi all, I'm new to tractor ownership, I have a L2850 with a loader which I bought for maintaining/plowing my driveway. Now I want to get a backhoe for it. I know the optional models to buy with this tractor were the BL4520 and B4530, but I haven't run across one of those for sale.

I do see several woods BX-80x units for sale near me, but they all have subframe brackets for different tractors, usually bigger ones. Is there a bracket for my tractor that it will attach to or should I be looking at a smaller unit? I've read on here that simply attaching it to the 3 point is not the best idea.

Last edited:

jcsmith

Equipment
L2850
May 20, 2019
Canada
So after calling the local Kubota dealer, it seems there was a big ladder subframe for these tractors, and it would be $1500 USD but they can't get it anymore anyway. One of the BHs for sale I see has a B3030 subframe attached to it.

Presumably that's a big hunk of steel I could make something out of. Is a B3030 a bigger tractor than an L2850?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Adapting a newer model subframe to your tractor is going to be a bear, your also going to want the PTO pump kit as your tractor will be lacking the proper input and frankly the added PTO kit will just make the loader work to its full potential.

You really need to find a subframe kit for an L series as a B series is smaller.
It will still take some seious rework to make it fit that old of a model of tractor.

Last edited:

jcsmith

Equipment
L2850
May 20, 2019
Canada
Adapting a newer model subframe to your tractor is going to be a bear, your also going to want the PTO pump kit as your tractor will be lacking the proper input and frankly the added PTO kit will just make the loader work to its full potential.

You really need to find a subframe kit for an L series as a B series is smaller.
It will take some.
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what you mean by PTO kit, do you mean that the stock PTO output needs to be geared up to run a BH?