Titan 48" tooth bar

Toyman

Equipment
B7100HST, 1630, 4' Tiller, 4' Rotary Mower; M4050 (SOLD) Woods Cadet 84
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
Got another email today at 3:18 am saying that they will process the RMA for return soon. No mention of new toothbar being shipped. More apologies for the delays and guess what???? It's a holiday weekend, so nothing more until midweek next week. I emailed them back and explained that I was more interested in when the new one was shipping more than the RMA.

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
So, I got the third tooth bar. It needed a little grinding (and then painting) for a good fit, but the mounting points were better and it's installed. Looking forward to getting it in the ground. Basically took 3 weeks to get resolved, and in the end I should have just accepted and adjusted the first one. I forgot that when you buy less expensive, imported items for a lower (sometimes substantially) price, that you may have to accept some shortcomings and/or make some adjustments.

Attachments

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Looks good. Put it to work (if it's not raining as usual).

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
I***8217;m a bit uncouth I suppose. I would of just beat it into submission with a drilling hammer or larger until it fit. With the differences in manufacturing and the bucket having been a used item as well nothing will be perfectly, fit like a glove straight. They can***8217;t! The first one I***8217;m sure would have been perfectly serviceable. After all your just gonna take it out and jab it into the dirt and rock all the while lifting and prying on it. But, it***8217;ll be ok in the end.

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
Yeesh, guess I'm fussy, but for over 300 Canucks I'd expect it to bolt on and fit without ANY modifications if it's 'designed for.....' your bucket model.
It's very easy with today's PCs and CNC machines to 'get it right' the FIRST time. Even without using fancy equipment it took me less than 3 hours to make my 'bar', which nicely bolts onto the bucket of my BX23S that just happens to have 7 perfect 5/8+" holes !

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yeesh, guess I'm fussy, but for over 300 Canucks I'd expect it to bolt on and fit without ANY modifications if it's 'designed for.....' your bucket model.
It's very easy with today's PCs and CNC machines to 'get it right' the FIRST time. Even without using fancy equipment it took me less than 3 hours to make my 'bar', which nicely bolts onto the bucket of my BX23S that just happens to have 7 perfect 5/8+" holes !
You're missing the point that it's a 30+ year old tractor... Not like it's a new model. ;)

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
You're missing the point that it's a 30+ year old tractor... Not like it's a new model. ;)
I think you’re missing the point. It’s a BRAND NEW tooth bar. I bought a 30 year old tractor at its 30 year old value. I didn’t buy a 30 year old tooth bar at its 30 year old value. Just sayin’***128521;

GreensvilleJay

Equipment
BX23-S,57 A-C D-14,58 A-C D-14, 57 A-C D-14,tiller,cults,Millcreek 25G spreader,
Apr 2, 2019
Greensville,Ontario,Canada
I'm thinkin' Titan needs to toss away they're 30 year old tape measure seeing how the OP had to 'shim' about 1/2" using washers ! If the ISD of the bucket is 47.5 then the OSD of the bar should have been 47.4, simple and easy..unless of course you're using an old,worn out tape measure...

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Yep, we're living in times when some folks can't read a clock, many don't want to go to work, those that do think they are under paid, some can't get fired for any reason. I'm sure some can't read a tape measure, some don't know what one is!

It's too bad the toothbar didn't fit the purchaser's loader perfectly, but it didn't. So the thing can be modified to fit fairly easily, returned to the supplier and get another one, or cancel the order entirely. All choices the buyer gets to make.

Now that he has it fitted to his loader. Hopefully, he gets good use out of the tool and forgets his grief. Too much analysis causes paralysis.

Toyman

Equipment
Apr 15, 2019
Pittsburgh
I'm thinkin' Titan needs to toss away they're 30 year old tape measure seeing how the OP had to 'shim' about 1/2" using washers ! If the ISD of the bucket is 47.5 then the OSD of the bar should have been 47.4, simple and easy..unless of course you're using an old,worn out tape measure...
This is getting away from everyone. My tape measure works fine, and it says the inside of my bucket is just under 48" (tape works better than my memory:D) Anyway, Titan states, specifically, that their 48" toothbar is 47 1/4" wide. I don't have a problem with the 3/8" on either side, plus it lets them sell to a wide variety of 48" bucket users. No issues with the washers/shims, as I knew the situation. What my issue(s) were, were that the first one came in at 47 1/4", but the one mounting tab was welded on (substantially) out of square. I wasn't happy with it, but in hindsight, I likely would accept if I would have read this thread and knew of this potential. But, I didn't and expected both mounting tabs to be (relatively) square. Titan was EXCELLENT in immediately shipping out a new tooth bar and an RMA for the first one. Everything went well until I tried to slip the second tooth bar in, it was about an 1/8" to long (ie: 48 1/8" instead of the 47 1/4" spec) and the tab was again mounted out of square. The second one wouldn't fit, and Titan was not nearly as responsive this time. It took about 6 emails and 2 weeks to get replaced. The third was again, a hair long, but a little grinder work and some paint & primer and all was well. I had to make my personal decision to either send the third one back and get a refund or accept it and move on. I decided that the little work was worth doing over ordering a more expensive tooth bar. Yes, it's going to dig dirt and its on a 30 year old machine. It just as easily could have been a brand new machine and my expectations are at a minimum, my order is new and made to the manufacturers published spec.

IN CLOSING:D For the savings, I don't have an issue with this tooth bar and I hope anyone considering one from Titan reads this thread and is aware of the potential issues that may need addressed. I know it would have saved me about 2 weeks to get mine finally installed on my machine. Thanks for all the feedback, seriously!!!!

troverman

Equipment
MX6000 HSTC; 2020 Kubota Z421KW-54 zero turn mower
Jun 9, 2015
NH
Titan is a distributor of made in China attachments. Some work OK, others are junk. The prices are good, and at least on the first "go-around" their CS is fine.