L2501 with QH15 quick hitch + finishing mower

Arclucis

Equipment
Kubota L2501
May 9, 2019
kingsville, Texas, USA
Just wondering how you actually attach the finishing mower properly to the quick hitch. The lock in guides at the bottom are locked in properly but the manual says that the 45 degree is supposed to float (like in image p3) is this right or are we missing something?

Attachments

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
Yes, You are missing the optional floating link kit. My dealer had no clue and the manual for the QH15 is not clear but you definitely need this optional kit. It allows the top to float and the mower will follow contours perpendicular to the direction of travel. I have my tilt cylinder on float detent so the mower follows contours parallel with travel. I have not scalped my ditches at all since getting it all hooked up. The floating link is needed. Messicks link
QH15_FTL.JPG

Last edited:

Arclucis

Equipment
Kubota L2501
May 9, 2019
kingsville, Texas, USA
Ok thank you very much. We'll be getting one right away. Glad we have really flat land we were told when dealer dropped off the tractor + finishing mower and brush cutter everything was good to go. Mowed fine but we couldn't lift it off the ground and thought we better leave it and ask around.

Dunbar

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L2501 LA525 QA PFL2042 Forks RCR1860 FDR1672 BB1560 EA55 WR Grapple FitRite TnT
Aug 2, 2018
Texas
The hydraulic Top and Side or Top and Tilt are from Fit Rite. The proprietor, Brian, is on OTT as @MtnViewRanch . He does everything himself so the lead time is a few months for most kits. Take a look at posts on OTT and other places and you will see that his kits are superior to others available. I highly recommend getting both top and side hydraulics.
Rear hydraulic mounting bracket small.jpg

Last edited:

Wilderness

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6200, L3901, rear blade, York rake, EA grapple, bush hog, forks
May 22, 2019
Deerfield
Appears to me your mower already has a floating top link. It should pivot up and down as ground dictates as the steel 2-pin hinge between the bolt w/ bushing at the mower top link tripod and your upper link hook pivots up and down.

It may be that the QH15 fixing the distance between upper and lower links is limiting the motion. A second floating top link would cover that. I imagine you want it half flexed when in neutral (level ground) position so the range of motion is equally up and down.