hitch receiver for BX

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
I have some light duty needs, so I was looking for an inexpensive solution. I found this hitch receiver on Amazon, $20.16 and free shipping if you have prime.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0008F671S/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

From the user answered questions, the holes seemed very close. In fact, two of the holes are spaced exactly correct. The other two I had to drill out. Actually I ended up taking them to my local auto repair shop and paid them a few bucks to do it with their drill press. I took the plate that was on the tractor, and bolted it to the receiver to use as a drilling template. It came out great. I was amazed for this price it even came with mounting hardware. And since the bolts were longer I am going to mount both the hitch AND the plate on the tractor to give it a little extra reinforcement. Here are some pics. Will get some pics of it on the tractor once I get it mounted tonight.

Attachments

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
Here is a picture of it mounted on the tractor. I have full motion of the three point hitch and it does not reduce ground clearance. There is enough space around the side to get the hitch pin in through a draw bar without difficulty. I was a little worried about that so I checked and made sure before tightening everything down.

Attachments

Btek

Equipment
BX2380
Dec 23, 2017
Russell Ky
Nice. I bought the same one but haven’t took the time to put it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

atitus

Equipment
BX1880+FEL,MMM,Blower
Feb 11, 2019
Worcester, MA
That's pretty neat! I did it the hard way and welded the adapter directly to the bottom plate, but only spent $10.:D
I wish I could have done that. No welding experience. Its something I would love to be able to do. How do you even get started to learn that? It seems like videos on youtube are great for a lot of things bur welding seems like it wouldn't be one of them

sparky45

Equipment
L 3301DT
Dec 5, 2018
SEDAN
I bought a 3 pt hitch adapter (homemade) last fall that's working out great. When I need to attach my trailer, ect. I just back the ball under the receiver, raise the 3pt and I'm good to go. Move out the trailer and secure the ball. Starting with a draw bar and a little fab'n to complete the 3pt and that's it.

Attachments

Ping

Equipment
BX2370-1
Dec 25, 2018
Troy, Ohio
I wish I could have done that. No welding experience. Its something I would love to be able to do. How do you even get started to learn that? It seems like videos on youtube are great for a lot of things bur welding seems like it wouldn't be one of them
Many options...….Community college class, high school shop or vo ag teacher, friend or neighbor that welds or self teach. Only problems with the last 3 are their bad habits tend to get passed along.
For me, I'm mostly self taught on GMAW and GTAW. My stick welds leave a lot to be desired.:cool:
Good luck with your training. Welding is one skill that requires hand on training. You can only learn so much reading books or watching videos.
Regards

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Seems Im not the only one, I found an old trailer receiver hitch laying in the pile of trash one morning, had little brother cut it up and weld it to a plate, I marked and drilled it, and never looked back,, They should come standard on the BX

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Many options...***8230;.Community college class, high school shop or vo ag teacher, friend or neighbor that welds or self teach. Only problems with the last 3 are their bad habits tend to get passed along.
For me, I'm mostly self taught on GMAW and GTAW. My stick welds leave a lot to be desired.:cool:
Good luck with your training. Welding is one skill that requires hand on training. You can only learn so much reading books or watching videos.
Regards
Ping has great advice.

With guidance from the guys here at OTT, I bought a Lincoln 210MP a few years ago. I used it on 120v for a season, then I put a sub-panel in my garage so I could run 240v. Last I welded was "on the farm" and in high school with Lincoln tombstones.

I humbly posted pictures on OTT of some projects with very sad welds....:eek:

Several experienced guys offered pointers to help me out....notably Daren Todd and D2Cat, and others too.

There are many highly gifted welders/fabricators/craftsmen here that are willing to help educate you - - I'm not one of them, but I'm improving with their help...

One of the many great things about OTT....:cool:

Last edited: