2003 Kubota B7500 intro, pics and MMM id help

spiro

Equipment
2003 Kubota B7500HST, Woods GT52 tiller RCK???? MMM
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Hi everyone. An update: I have the front loader from a b7510 I posted a picture below. Its sitting on my trailer still but I will try to install it this weekend and post pics again. Any tips/tricks for the install will be appreciate. Still no time to make any headway on the deck identification but will get back to that soon as possible.
D2cat. I will keep your suggestions in mind but will try to at least experience the belly mower I already have if I can put it together this season. I will also look for a reasonably priced flail mower regardless, as it looks it would be a good fit for part of the property anyway.
will update this asap. Thanks all for your help

Attachments

Last edited:

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Hi again question on loader install.: I bought the LA272 loader used from all states AG parts and it came on a pallet with everything needed to install (so I was told). I noticed the hydraulic block that attaches to the tractor was missing an rubber O-ring so I found one in my parts drawer and replaced it. I will most likely try to do the install this weekend (snowing here but will try in the garage). Question is that Im not sure if there is any hydraulic fluid left in the loader. Does it come out if its disconnected completely or does it stay in there due to the quick connect terminations? if no fluid in there, should I add some? how much? what kind? Also when I open the hydraulic connection on the tractor is fluid going to leak out? how to deal with that? Let pressure out and work fast to try and minimize loss? or just let it all come out and replace it all?
I was going to have a mechanic do it for me but he is not available for two more weeks and im getting anxious to have it installed.!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
There will undoubtedly be some hyd. fluid in the cylinders and hose, but it will be insignificant. Nothing to be concerned about.

You will lose some fluid when you have fittings disconnected, but it won't be under pressure. Have some cardboard, absorbent, or something to help with the mess. And have it figured out so you don't leave the system open any longer than needed.

Check with your dealer to see what fluid they used, and then top up any loss with that same product.

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
There will undoubtedly be some hyd. fluid in the cylinders and hose, but it will be insignificant. Nothing to be concerned about.

You will lose some fluid when you have fittings disconnected, but it won't be under pressure. Have some cardboard, absorbent, or something to help with the mess. And have it figured out so you don't leave the system open any longer than needed.

Check with your dealer to see what fluid they used, and then top up any loss with that same product.
Thanks man, I will stop by dealer today and get fluid. Hopefully I can start the install tomorrow. I will bolt everything on the base/frame first and then add the control valve/joystick but not connect it yet. then add the loader parts and wait to do the hydraulics last after checking to make sure I have everything needed so as not to leave it exposed for too long. (The parts count should be drastically decreased by then so it should be easier to figure out if I have all the hydraulic fittings needed). I have the loader manual so I can take inventory ahead of time but I doubt I can get myself to do that!:rolleyes:

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Update:
its late so i'll be brief but will post pictures
went to dealer, got fluid, came home and muscled the loader in to garage. Took about 4 hrs non-stop to install using air tools and jacks to lift parts in place. will re-check everything tomorrow. Didn't do the hydraulics yet. I don't know which of the two short hoses goes to which side of the block that mounts to the tractor! I have an orange and a green hose. There is also a longer hose_not color marked_ (the return i guess)and I have no idea yet where that goes. Will try to figure that out tomorrow. Sorry but I don't have time to do a full write up but hope the pictures are somewhat helpful to someone. Thanks for all your help

Attachments

Last edited:

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
OK google didn't help with figuring out how/where to connect the hydraulic hoses from the control valve. I have two short hoses, one color marked orange and one green and a longer hose that is not color marked. Any info on this would be appreciated as I'm anxious to see this work. Thanks

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Spiro - where are you in NB? Wife is from Grand Falls so often visit there...

Looks like you have a good machine. I have a B7510 with the 60" MMM and a B2410 with the 54" MMM. So far, I would say that having a 3pt hitch-mounted rear mower would be my preference. Once the MMM is mounted you are very limited in ground clearance. These MMMs do a beautiful job on grass - I get lots of compliments when I cut at the airport.

As for your questions on hydraulic connections, use the "SEARCH" function. One of the best search terms is "hydraulic block" since that's the little two-port block on the side of the transmission that provides power to the loader and 3pt hitch.

The big fat return line goes into a port on the right side of transmission. It's tucked away behind the rear wheel so accessing it is easier if you remove the right rear wheel. Also, that return port is below the standing level of oil in the transmission, so you will make a mess if you don't first drain some oil out. I didn't know this and only spilled about a litre of oil on the garage floor when installing a loader valve on my second B7510 last fall.

Send me a note if you're still having troubles figuring out which line goes where. My B7510 is sitting here in the garage and (in spite of my terrible photography skills) I might be able to take some pictures that would help you.

BTW I wish I had seen that loader for sale as I would have bought it for my B2410...

Also, I tried finding MMM brackets last year for one of my B7510s... Really hard to find. Much easier to find a rear-mount finishing mower.

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Spiro - where are you in NB? Wife is from Grand Falls so often visit there...

Looks like you have a good machine. I have a B7510 with the 60" MMM and a B2410 with the 54" MMM. So far, I would say that having a 3pt hitch-mounted rear mower would be my preference. Once the MMM is mounted you are very limited in ground clearance. These MMMs do a beautiful job on grass - I get lots of compliments when I cut at the airport.

As for your questions on hydraulic connections, use the "SEARCH" function. One of the best search terms is "hydraulic block" since that's the little two-port block on the side of the transmission that provides power to the loader and 3pt hitch.

The big fat return line goes into a port on the right side of transmission. It's tucked away behind the rear wheel so accessing it is easier if you remove the right rear wheel. Also, that return port is below the standing level of oil in the transmission, so you will make a mess if you don't first drain some oil out. I didn't know this and only spilled about a litre of oil on the garage floor when installing a loader valve on my second B7510 last fall.

Send me a note if you're still having troubles figuring out which line goes where. My B7510 is sitting here in the garage and (in spite of my terrible photography skills) I might be able to take some pictures that would help you.

BTW I wish I had seen that loader for sale as I would have bought it for my B2410...

Also, I tried finding MMM brackets last year for one of my B7510s... Really hard to find. Much easier to find a rear-mount finishing mower.
Thank you njr. Loader is on and works great. I will do a short write up about "using the right fittings and not what you have on hand that might break if you over tighten" soon...... I will also post pics asap. 26 degrees here today but I know mowing season is creeping up on me. I will most likely look for a flail mower, hard to find one for the PTO hp on the B7500. Looks like most require >30HP. I was looking to mount the MMM and try it anyway but it doesnt seem likely. (I still dont exactly know which model i have) I was going to fabricate some kind of quick disconnect/ramp for it as I'm also concerned with clearance....will see..
I am a little concerned about the fact that I did not loose nearly as much fluid as you say you did. Level on dipstick seemed good but only lost about half litter ....I will investigate further and post back....Having a job is such a drag!

BTW you sound like a nice guy but i'm glad you didn't find the loader first...sorry. At least you have it on one tractor! I have a 580SK but the thing is not nearly as much fun and if i drive it anywhere in my property you will know it had been there! it weighs nearly 18k lbs! and makes a big dent!

Attachments

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Hi Again. Grazy idea but might work..... Im in the process of buying a front hitch as pictured below and a sweeper attachment. I priced out the hardware missing from my mmm deck and it turns out they are $1800!!!. also a rear finishing mower is about 1k. I have a craftsman tractor i use now so I just cant justify another thousand dollars for rear deck just yet (I will try to break the craftsman ...by accident in the future .-).
Does anyone think its possible to fabricate a mount and attach my mmm to the front and power it via the pto thats on this hitch? I can do the fabrication and maybe add some nice big wheels to the deck so it can ride on them and just use the front hitch for lifting/ moving the deck. I will be basically just moving the deck 2-3 ft forward...any thoughts?

Attachments

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
BTW If anyone finds this useful. I also built this with parts I had laying around. I needed on a Sunday and stores where closed!
Probably not very strong but handy as a multi use 3 point attachment point. I originally built it for the (shallow) trencher partially pictured on the left bottom of the fourth picture. Sorry no other pictures of it right now...it worked great. removed soil leaving a pretty clean trench about a foot deep

Attachments

Last edited:

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Hi Again. Do any of you know what parts I need to compete the following installation? 2003 B7500 tractor to BX2537A sweeper through B2733A front hitch. The sweeper came with a front driveline male shaft that is too short (12") I measured about 19"-20" length needed. I think I narrowed it down to 70060-02171 or 70060-01783 with the help of someone at Messicks. Also the rear of the straight shaft thats on the hitch needs to connect to the rear PTO. I was told maybe the 44" part # 7060-02186 would fit. Can anyone verify that or have any input on the first question? Im including some pictures for clarity
Thank you

Attachments