2003 Kubota B7500 intro, pics and MMM id help

spiro

Equipment
2003 Kubota B7500HST, Woods GT52 tiller RCK???? MMM
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Hi All
I just purchased a used (640hrs) 2003 b7500 HST, Its my first real tractor and I intent to use it as a mower and general maintenance around my 5 acre property. This was my intention but I think I have bitten more than I can chew. I bought the machine very locally for a little over 5k. It was only used to tow around a aerator for a lawn company the PTO and hydraulics werent even used, so I initially thought I got a good deal. Fast forward a couple of weeks and after the purchase of a used Mower deck without tractor side hardware, a very used tiller and a totally fruitless search for a used loader I realize that it wont be so easy to outfit this little tractor to suit my needs. I came across this forum and decided to write in case a kind person can help out with a couple of questions and/or decisions.
First of all I need to ID the deck so I can look for the right mounting hardware. I will try to upload pictures for everything because you probably dont wanna read a thousand words!
Second I would like an opinion as to what to do next with this machine. Do I pay another $600-$800 to get the tractor side brackets to hook up the deck? do I keep looking for a loader or shell out 4k to the dealer for a new one? (LA302) or maybe sell this all together and buy a new one with a loader already in place? I would appreciate your help in Identifying the deck in the pictures and your opinion on what to do next. Thank you

Attachments

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Hi All
I just purchased a used (640hrs) 2003 b7500 HST, Its my first real tractor and I intent to use it as a mower and general maintenance around my 5 acre property. This was my intention but I think I have bitten more than I can chew. I bought the machine very locally for a little over 5k. It was only used to tow around a aerator for a lawn company the PTO and hydraulics werent even used, so I initially thought I got a good deal. Fast forward a couple of weeks and after the purchase of a used Mower deck without tractor side hardware, a very used tiller and a totally fruitless search for a used loader I realize that it wont be so easy to outfit this little tractor to suit my needs. I came across this forum and decided to write in case a kind person can help out with a couple of questions and/or decisions.
First of all I need to ID the deck so I can look for the right mounting hardware. I will try to upload pictures for everything because you probably dont wanna read a thousand words!
Second I would like an opinion as to what to do next with this machine. Do I pay another $600-$800 to get the tractor side brackets to hook up the deck? do I keep looking for a loader or shell out 4k to the dealer for a new one? (LA302) or maybe sell this all together and buy a new one with a loader already in place? I would appreciate your help in Identifying the deck in the pictures and your opinion on what to do next. Thank you
I forgot to mention that the only sticker on the deck reads a number K5763-41191 which I think fits the 4 model decks listed below:
RCK54-24B (54" MOWER DECK)
RCK60-24B (MID-MOUNT FINISHING MOWER)
RCK60-27B(A) (60" MID-MOUNT MWR / B7800 / B3200)
RCK60-30B (MID-MOUNT FINISHING MOWER)

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a nice tractor. I did notice the hyd filter in the picture appears gray in color. If it is that indicates it's probably the original filter, and if so needs to be changed out with new hyd. oil. Be sure to purchase the correct oil, not some on sale stuff at the local tractor store.

The acres you need the mower for, describe them. Are they flat, hills, number of trees?

If the area to mow is fairly flat and open I would suggest you look for a 3pt flail mower. Their easy to hook up on the back of your tractor with only 3pt arms, top link and PTO shaft. They will mow as nice an most any "lawn" mower.

Finding mounting brackets for the mower is a challenge. You can keep asking and looking and you may find something. Kind of the same for a loader. Nice to have, saves a lot of physical lifting and moving, but finding a loader to fit a specific tractor requires patience by the buckets full.

Others will have some ideas!

Rusty46

Equipment
B7500 HSD-R, LA 302, RCK60-24B, Woods RB-72, Millcreek 25, Harrow, Payne PF800,
First of all I need to ID the deck so I can look for the right mounting hardware.
spiro - My tractor is a 2003 B7500 HSD-R and my MMM is a RCK60-24B. I bought it new in 2003.

According to the Operator's Manual for the mower, the RCK60-24B, RCK54-24B and the RCK54-75B will all fit the B7500. Your MMM looks like my RCK60-24B. It does NOT look like a drawing in the manual of the RCK54-75B.

The total width of the RCK54-24B is 66.7". The total width of the RCK60-24B is 74". Measuring the total width of your MMM should be able to eliminate one of the 24Bs, but that will not positively ID the MMM, as Kubota MAY have other models that resemble the 24Bs. It looks like the 24Bs share the same mounting hardware.

Do you have the coupler half of the mid PTO shaft? I don't see it in your photo.

Best wishes!

shootem604

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L245DT with Kubota (Arps Model 22) FEL and Kubota B/L4520B (Woods 650) BH
Apr 23, 2018
British Columbia
I think you got a decent tractor for a decent price, and it is worth your while to set it up for your needs. You will find lots of information in here!

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
thanks for your replies

@D2Cat: I Have about 2 acres "flat" on top of a hill it was never really landscaped properly so its not exactly flat. there is significant dips and valleys which I will fix/level in time but the biggest obstacle for the pull behind mower would be going around trees and objects. I like the idea of the flail mower but if I could mid mount or even front mount it I would prob go for it. I might still do it if this deck I have proves to be too costly to install. I will do all the fluids as soon as the weather allows thanks for pointing out the Hydraulic filter.

@Rusty46 good eye bout the shaft coupler! that f..n part which I dont have is $400.00! prob just as much of the rest of the hardware all together!
I will now walk through the damn snow and go measure the deck. I myself think it might be a rck60-30b cause the rck54 s have a plate in front which mine doesnt...see pic. I will let you know the measurements soon. BTW whats the second set of numbers anyway? 30b, 24b, 75b etc..

Like shootem604 said I thought I got a decent tractor but not sure it was worth 5k cause now I see them selling with a loader and deck for about 10k. I will definitely try to make it work but I might also list it to sse what I can get for it. be back soon with measurements

Thanks again!

Attachments

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
thanks for your replies

@D2Cat: I Have about 2 acres "flat" on top of a hill it was never really landscaped properly so its not exactly flat. there is significant dips and valleys which I will fix/level in time but the biggest obstacle for the pull behind mower would be going around trees and objects. I like the idea of the flail mower but if I could mid mount or even front mount it I would prob go for it. I might still do it if this deck I have proves to be too costly to install. I will do all the fluids as soon as the weather allows thanks for pointing out the Hydraulic filter.

@Rusty46 good eye bout the shaft coupler! that f..n part which I dont have is $400.00! prob just as much of the rest of the hardware all together!
I will now walk through the damn snow and go measure the deck. I myself think it might be a rck60-30b cause the rck54 s have a plate in front which mine doesnt...see pic. I will let you know the measurements soon. BTW whats the second set of numbers anyway? 30b, 24b, 75b etc..

Like shootem604 said I thought I got a decent tractor but not sure it was worth 5k cause now I see them selling with a loader and deck for about 10k. I will definitely try to make it work but I might also list it to sse what I can get for it. be back soon with measurements

Thanks again!
Ok deck measures aprox 63" by aprox 29". 63" is to the end of the deck, Not the flap.

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Ok deck measures aprox 63" by aprox 29". 63" is to the end of the deck, Not the flap.
Hmm...maybe I can answer my own question. Maybe the second set of numbers -xxb is the front to back measurement in inches, in which case I might have the -30b!

SDT

Equipment
multiple and various
Apr 15, 2018
SE, IN
Hi All
Your deck is a 60" version. It's a good deck but you are missing just about everything that you need to install it. Buying all of the needed parts to install it will be cost prohibitive and finding all of the parts used will be just about impossible.

As previously mentioned, the hydro filter/oil should have been changed at least three times by now. I would assume that the tractor has been abused in other ways as well.

SDT

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Your deck is a 60" version. It's a good deck but you are missing just about everything that you need to install it. Buying all of the needed parts to install it will be cost prohibitive and finding all of the parts used will be just about impossible.

As previously mentioned, the hydro filter/oil should have been changed at least three times by now. I would assume that the tractor has been abused in other ways as well.

SDT
Yeah I think the cost for those missing parts is a lot.
I will investigate the hydro filter. I have all the maintenance records from a dealer nearby who I called and found the tractor on their regular service schedule. I will look over those receipts to find out of filter was changed. or maybe just looks old/original. I will look into it. Thanks
I also might have a line into a used LA272 loader but looks pretty beat up. Dont know if I wanna take the chance for the 2,500.00 asking price. I will update this thread if I come across something interesting.

Russell King

Equipment
L185F, Modern Ag Competitor 4’ shredder, Rhino tiller, rear dirt scoop
Jun 17, 2012
Austin, Texas
For the mower you may switch to a rear pull type finish mower for less.

For the FEL you may want to consider a rear mount dirt scoop instead. They are also known as the poor mans front end loader.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick
Ok I just thought I would update everyone on the recent developments in case anyone finds it useful.
I just bought the LA272 pictured below. It should be here in a week or so. I read up on it a little and it looks like its not much different than the LA302. 60lbs or so less capacity and no front grill. Looks like I could fabricate the grill if need be and maybe increase the pressure to match that of the LA302. Not sure if the loader is fully functional but I was told no pitted cylinders or leaks. Comes with everything needed to attach, even the hydraulic block. Paid 2200 all-in with shipping. Still no idea of what kind of MMM/deck I have. Confused by rusty46 measurements due to the fact that it looks like decks shorter than mine are bigger front to back??? I will have to re-check my measurements in case Im blind!.
@ DST ...I found the receipt for the hydraulic filter change two times at the dealer where it has been serviced since new. Not sure why it looks grey, haven't called them yet. I appreciate your advise but the tractor feels pretty tight and not abused. Also the deck is like you said most likely 60" but need to ID a model number in order to look for the mounting hardware.

@Russel King....I would love the pull behind mower but I have some hill spots and some trees I need to go around which would be harder to do with the recommended setup. If anything I would like to get a flail mower but will try for a little while to see if I can score some reasonably priced mounting hardware for my deck. Looked at a rear mount bucket but I'm not poor (just kidding) I am....and it looks like it could out perform the FEL in capacity but I found this FEL at a tractor salvage place and couldn't resist.

Thank you for your help and if any one can positively identify the deck I would appreciate it. Also any advise on installation of the loader would be very valuable.
I will post pictures when I get it installed.

Attachments

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
Spiro, nice tractor. Two comments of mine are:

1. Be careful when mounting and unhooking the loader. I had a B7500 for 10 years and the dealer told me that mine was one of the few he saw that didn't have a crease in the hood from the crossbar of the loader frame.

2. Don't discount the usefulness of a rear mower. After the MMM on my first tractor, the next 4 all had the deck out back.

Last edited:

Rusty46

Equipment
spiro - The dimensions published by Kubota are for the assembled MMM, including the front and rear wheels/rollers and the discharge chute in the down position. My RCK60-24B deck (sheet metal pan) bare is 63" wide by 32" long (front to back). Also, the "24B" portion of the model number does not represent any physical dimension, of which I know.

Regarding installation, I sent you a pm.

Rusty46

Equipment

1. Be careful when mounting and unhooking the loader. I had a B7500 for 10 years and the dealer told me that mine was one of the few he saw that didn't have a crease in the hood from, the crossbar of the loader frame.
chim - My hat is off to you, Sir! I tried to dismount the loader on my B7500 ONCE without first putting the legs down, and I earned my "CREASE OF SHAME". I was old enough at the time to claim a "senior moment", however that crease is always right there in front of me, smiling at me as a reminder of my operator error.

spiro

Equipment
Feb 12, 2019
new brunswick

1. Be careful when mounting and unhooking the loader. I had a B7500 for 10 years and the dealer told me that mine was one of the few he saw that didn't have a crease in the hood from, the crossbar of the loader frame.

2. Don't discount the usefulness of a rear mower. After the MMM on my first tractor, the next 4 all had the deck out back.
Oh! good advise Chim! I can almost guarantee I would do that first time out!
as far as the deck goes I never had a rear deck before and it looks like it would be great on flat ground but not in my case. Problem here is that everybody who had a MMM before and has a RM now recommends it so I might have to keep my eyes open for a cheap one to try and figure out what its all about. In the mean time I already have the MMM so come spring I will have to decide which way to go with this......

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
"@D2Cat: I Have about 2 acres "flat" on top of a hill it was never really landscaped properly so its not exactly flat. there is significant dips and valleys which I will fix/level in time but the biggest obstacle for the pull behind mower would be going around trees and objects. I like the idea of the flail mower but if I could mid mount or even front mount it I would prob go for it. I might still do it if this deck I have proves to be too costly to install. I will do all the fluids as soon as the weather allows thanks for pointing out the Hydraulic filter."

Before you give up on a 3pt mower it may be worth you while to look at some flail mowers. They do not extend back very far so the problem of the swinging arc is very short compared to other 3pt mowers.

I have a 5' flail. I could go back there and measure the length from hitch pin to back of unit if you like.