R3 turfs and snow removal/B2650

MikeyA

Equipment
2016 B2650 FEL and 60"mmm,1998 B2400 MMM FEL(sold!) BB 4ft BRUSH HOG
Mar 6, 2010
West Central Illinois
I had my first opportunity to play in the snow with the new B2650 today. I was pretty worried about the performance of the turf tires without rear chains when it came to moving snow. We ended up with a little over 6" of wet, heavy snow after being told it would only be 1-3. Tractor worked great on both gravel and concrete as long as it was in 4wd..rear wheel drive was pretty sketchy, whether pulling 6ft blade or pushing 60" bucket. I was impressed with how well it moved snow with the bucket, but steering wasn't the greatest after bucket started filling, even with bucket in float. Even backing out of ditches, it climbed right out without spinning, but I did have to put it in Med range a couple times to back up over large piles of snow. All in all, I'm pretty happy...looking forward to our next snowfall so I can go play..errr work with the new tractor!

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Good to hear Mikey. We got about 3" up here. It will be in the mid 40s tomorrow, so doubt I will get mine out to test the turf tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
I have plowed alot of snow in NE Ohio in the snowbelt since I got my B2650 with turfs. I plow using the front bucket only and it works very well. You can push snow right over the top of the bucket if you want and never spin a tire. It has worked flawlessly.

View attachment 25843

Last edited:

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
Good to hear! I just finished hooking up my Snowblower this afternoon and it will be my first time blowing or pushing snow with the turf tires on my 2650. The Titan Multi trac are some nobby tires! I'm looking forward to trying it out. (safely)

Its supposed to drop to 4 degrees next week! Le tits now! :D

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Mine are loaded. Plowed 8-10" the Sun before Thanksgiving. No issues. This machine surprises me alot. While bush hogging over the summer, I was attacking the hill next to my garage and looking back at hog to make sure I wasn't binding anything. Tractor starting lugging a bit and I looked forward to see my bucket stoved into my GMC front bumper and beginning to push it down gravel driveway. Expensive oops as Airbag sensors are $200 a pop.

mpham

Equipment
B 2650 cab
Nov 15, 2016
Massachusetts
Good to hear. We haven't had any plowable snow here yet. My Kioti ck 20 always did a great job pushing a 6 ft. Plow with just turfs. Hopefully won't have any problems with the new 2650.

NoJacketRequired

Equipment
B7510 & LA302 FEL & B2782 blower, B7510 & B2781 blower, B2410 & B2550 blower
May 25, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
After years of snowblowing with bigger tractors equipped with R1-style agricultural tires, I've started blowing snow this year with our B7510 with a front-mount blower and B7200 with rear-mount blower. The turf tires on both tractors do well in snow, but are useless on wet snow that's packed down and almost turned into ice. The key is to get the snow removed before anybody can drive over it, otherwise it's staying there. And don't be afraid to use the differential lock!

DTWCastle

Equipment
BX2370
Nov 30, 2016
Michigan
I'm doing my snow dance every day...so far not enough to warrant firing up the tractor.

My dealer advised me to get the R4 tires cause I was going to plow with it stating that the turfs wouldn't work well in the heavy wet stuff. I find it interesting to read other's reviews on this. Maybe I'll change to turfs in the future.

NEPA Guy

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650HSDC, Spacers, FEL, BH, Snowblower, Snowplow, PBar, Forks
Nov 28, 2015
Pennsyltucky
I'm doing my snow dance every day...so far not enough to warrant firing up the tractor.

My dealer advised me to get the R4 tires cause I was going to plow with it stating that the turfs wouldn't work well in the heavy wet stuff. I find it interesting to read other's reviews on this. Maybe I'll change to turfs in the future.
Thats contrary to what I've read to date. In the manual for the blade on page 4 of the "before operation" section, it states, "Use of tire chains and rear counterweights for better traction and stability..."

I have read that chains do not work well with R4's because the chains fall between the tread. Although I have seen some posts where guys use em...