New to me 2008 B26

kwanwon

Equipment
Kubota B26 TLB, 2 Yanmars, and a Husqvarna 2653
Mar 9, 2017
Camas Wa
I just brought home my B26, I hope I didn't make a mistake buying it. It has 2000 hours and yes it is from a rental fleet of two. They sold the other last summer and kept this on in their fleet, the good thing is they let me have all their extra parts and threw in a rotary cutter with it and will do maintenance on it at half their regular rate per hour and I did get that in writing.
Everything works well, including the lights and blinkers and the pins are tight, the tires are about 80% and the fronts are foam filled but I am concerned because of the high hours and being a rental unit. I will be using it at home on my five acres and not for revenue. I paid slightly less then any I have seen available but it has been well used.
I know a lot here would never buy a rental unit or one with such high hours but I'm hoping for some encouragement.

redmaher

Jun 23, 2016
US
Depends on the rental place. Most service the hell out of their equipment. Can't make $$$$ if they brake down.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Kwanwon, purchasing a rental unit has a lot of variables. Like Redmaher said, it got serviced or it didn't get rented.

Some folk's attitude is if you purchase something used you are buying someone else's problem. That depends on your mechanical aptitude, confidence and funds. For sure, if you can't fix anything mechanical for whatever reason, don't buy used. That person has to purchase new and hope it last a long time to overcome the depreciation, and any repairs.

My guess you are not in that category or you would not have even considered the unit you bought.

A word of wisdom, don't seek approval for ANY purchase AFTER the purchase is made. It's too late to do anything about it, good or bad. Do all your fact gathering (due diligence, in the finance world) before saying "yes"! Then you have facts and other's opinions are of no value.

Go enjoy your machine.

kwanwon

Equipment
Mar 9, 2017
Camas Wa
Kwanwon, purchasing a rental unit has a lot of variables. Like Redmaher said, it got serviced or it didn't get rented.

Some folk's attitude is if you purchase something used you are buying someone else's problem. That depends on your mechanical aptitude, confidence and funds. For sure, if you can't fix anything mechanical for whatever reason, don't buy used. That person has to purchase new and hope it last a long time to overcome the depreciation, and any repairs.

My guess you are not in that category or you would not have even considered the unit you bought.

A word of wisdom, don't seek approval for ANY purchase AFTER the purchase is made. It's too late to do anything about it, good or bad. Do all your fact gathering (due diligence, in the finance world) before saying "yes"! Then you have facts and other's opinions are of no value.

Go enjoy your machine.
Redmaher and D2Cat, thank you both for words of wisdom. I have a 40 year background in heavy equipment and 2000 hours in my industry is still considered a new machine and in the industry I'm from any given machine may have been ran by many different people as with this.
I did spend the day today digging out stumps and leveling ground and it seems to be doing great. Unfortunately, I am a worrier anytime I buy used and your right, this is after the fact.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
kwanwon,
That's a commerical model tractor, they are build a lot tougher than the standard model Kubota.
I've got a older L3450 and 4021 hours on it, and runs like a champ, wouldn't worry about your a bit.

kwanwon

Equipment
Mar 9, 2017
Camas Wa
Thank you North Idaho Wolfman, for a smaller machine it seems very well built. I came from having two smaller 80's era Yanmars to this and there is no comparison and I hope to see hours on my clock as you have.