Seeking New Mower/Tractor Opinions

After reading, which machine do you recommend?

• Z726x

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • BX series

Votes: 12 75.0%
  • ZD1021

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
Who in the name of John Paul Jones mows at 17mph ??????:eek:
certain things will do it. my cheetah has a high gear that when I mow in dry conditions I can cut nicely at 16 MPH (top speed of the cheetah in high gear) it cuts beautifully even in wet in low which is up to 11-12 mph. example would be before I had a rocky pasture I had a flat pasture that was smooth that I would mow with my scag in high, but set the deck to like 5 inch height and take off. it did just fine when it was dry, wet and thick I'd have to drop into low, but could go all out in low unless it was 2+ foot grass for some reason.

Gary90

Mar 24, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Hopefully I don't have those issues. At least at 2-3 hours per week during mowing season it should take me a while to reach 200 hours. Which identical model had all those problems? Among the other things, why were the blades changed weekly (is that customary in commercial operations)? Seems excessive.

virginiavenom

Jan 30, 2015
Sherman, TX
each week is approximately 50 hours per week of operational time. 6 days a week they run. blades should be sharpened about that often, they didn't like sharpening which they tried at first, so they just went to replacing them.

Z725KH-60

Gary90

Mar 24, 2017
Kentucky, USA
Hopefully the zd1000 series will hold up better than the z700s you described virginiavenom.

Well I guess I'm hooked on orange. Taking delivery of a bx23s today. No mower since not needed but will have the standard bh and fel. Plus a 3pt and 4' box blade. Excited to use it and will be checking the forums to get most use out of it.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Who in the name of John Paul Jones mows at 17mph ??????:eek:
Landscapers that do the yard at work got a big commercial gravely they use. Goes pretty fast. Had a load of pipe delivered and we ended up rutting the back field when unloading. Told the landscaper before he went out there to mow, about the ruts.

Well....... he was zipping along and forgot about the rut. By this time he also had a pretty good audience, because we figured he forgot and were waiting to see what happened :p:p

Good thing he was wearing his seat belt or he would have done a pretty good superman impression :D He was going full tilt when he hit the rut. He did do a pretty good Dukes of Hazard impression, Mower launched, missed about a 10 foot patch before landing. And abruptly stopped. Landscaper at the same time folded in half at the waist like a rag doll, forcing the controls forward again, slamming him back in the seat, mower stopped again folding him like a rag doll. This process repeated 3 to 4 times before he finally stopped completely. :eek:

We made him take a break while one of his coworkers finished the mowing.