HST Problem ll - L6060 reverse sometimes

Commandant

Equipment
L6060
Mar 22, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Hello we have a 2013 L6060 and it has about 400 hours on it.
After using tractor for 10-15 minutes it will not go into reverse
on Screen it says HST R Solenoid NG
So I leave it sit for couple hours and it works again but real pain.
Do you think it's the rear solenoid or wire loose any suggestions??

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L5450, L48, L3250, L345 never enough attachments
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
The HST's Lxx60 has more wires connected to it than earlier versions. There is a sensor on the regulator (below right foot) and a solenoid valve below left heel. You could check for loose wires but it would help more to have the wiring diagram and WSM for troubleshooting.

Last edited:

Commandant

Equipment
L6060
Mar 22, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Thanks I'll check those suggestions out, I have complete manuals on memory stick.
I think someone told me rear HST solenoid is located on passenger side of motor. Can you confirm this?
Tractor is 2 hours away from parts store so maybe I should pick up a solenoid???

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
The factory parts drawing has no part called a rear solenoid. It shows a $90 solenoid valve on the left side of the HST unit, that has different part numbers depending on tractor s/n. It may or may not be involved - there are other sensors. Might be better to know more before guessing.

Last edited:

Commandant

Equipment
L6060
Mar 22, 2017
Edmonton, Alberta
Good day people, so an update on our tractor, I brought it in for check out by dealer.
The rear solenoid was Okay, but they found a loose connection on a quick connector.
Since it was an intermittent problem it worked sometimes and then it would not go in reverse. The technician that worked on the tractor was out on a service call so I could not talk directly with him to explain where loose connector was. So took a bit to find the simple solution. Tractor worked well this past weekend.

rbargeron

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jul 6, 2015
western ma
Good that you posted the current status - hope it keeps working right. Other people may benefit from your experience. Take care, Dick B