B7500 upgrades

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Pulled the deck off the other orange mower to sharper the blades and while it was off figured I could clean it up and paint the deck. Nice painting it without having to bend over.

Not sure how old this mower is. I bought it used about 5 years ago for $75. Has a 12hp. Briggs that runs great. I keep dreaming about a zero turn but this seems to do the job and is a lot cheaper.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Bought some new toys of the Kubota today at a auction. Been looking for a buzz saw for a long time. Seems like I always end up with fire wood that is about 2 inch to long to fit in my stove. Got home and had just enough time to hook it up and go out back and cut some logs. Wow is it nice. Cuts smooth and runs quiet. Way faster then a chain saw.

Also bought this. Don't need it but its so clean and just the right size. Might sell it if I get a good offer.

Grouse09

Equipment
B2650 Cab, snowblower, FEL, brush hog
Aug 24, 2016
Traverse City, MI
Admiring. Great mods, great collection of implements and input from others. Great neighbor as well. Read the thread since the beginning. A lot of "Greats".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Admiring. Great mods, great collection of implements and input from others. Great neighbor as well. Read the thread since the beginning. A lot of "Greats".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank You.
It is amazing how much fun I have had with the Kubota and how much work I can do so much easier.
Speaking of fun and work we cut a load of fire wood yesterday and most of the time I wouldn't even mess with little wood but it was already cut and just laying there so I brought it home. Ended up cutting 3 piles that size. Crazy how fast and easy the buzz saw cuts.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Picked up some teeth today. I have the Piranha tooth bar on my other bucket and love it. I have been looking for a tooth bar for my bigger bucket and found one that was a inch to short. Figured for the price ( under $160 ) I would take a chance. Had to cut the bracket that bolts on the side of the bucket off and weld it on the end of the bar. Real easy fix and made the bar fit perfect.

This is the one I bought. Fast shipping and 5% off http://www.palletforks.com/48tbar.html

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
.... Speaking of fun and work we cut a load of fire wood yesterday and most of the time I wouldn't even mess with little wood but it was already cut and just laying there so I brought it home. Ended up cutting 3 piles that size. Crazy how fast and easy the buzz saw cuts. ....
Never seen one of those before.... went right to craigslist to go shopping for one. Hope to have one in a few weeks. Im excited.

Wonder if one could find a way to mount on either the blade where it bolts on to shaft. or opposite blade at other end of the shaft ... one of those log splitter screws.. hmmmm..

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Never seen one of those before.... went right to craigslist to go shopping for one. Hope to have one in a few weeks. Im excited.

Wonder if one could find a way to mount on either the blade where it bolts on to shaft. or opposite blade at other end of the shaft ... one of those log splitter screws.. hmmmm..
I ran the tractor at 1500 RPMs and it doesn't sound like its working at all. I did push one big log in way to fast just to see what would give and to my surprise the belts slipped. It has 2 belts running side by side but I was glad they slip before anything else got messed up. The saw came with a extra blade and the PTO shaft. I bought it at a big consignment auction and only paid $50. I was planning on bidding $300. Watched a buzz saw blade sell today at a auction for 130$ just for the blade. Right place at the right time I guess.