B7500 upgrades

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
The tooth bar is holding up great. I have been moving dirt, moving rocks, loading scrap iron, digging trees out, and loading wood this summer. It works better then I would have ever thought it could. I haven't took it off since putting it on. If you are on the fence about buying one just do it.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Bought a project mower Friday night off Craigslist. Got it all apart today and looks like I need a new stump jumper. Found one online for $120. Going to take it to the welding guy in town and see if he can fix it and save me some $. Then I can start welding and fixing the holes in the deck.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Spent the day figuring out a better way to plow snow this winter. I had this old snow blade laying around from a project a few years ago and thought it should work. I didn't want to drill any more holes or do any welding on my bucket so it took awhile to come up with away to mount it. I think its going to work good. Cutting that rubber was a real pain. I added shoes to the plow so the rubber wont dig into my black top and it should also work good on gravel driveways.

Last edited:

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Interesting adaptation
That wasn't my original design idea. I planed on cutting most of that metal off and starting over but when I put it in the bucket it seemed to fit pretty good. The box tubing keeps it from moving and the chain binder is just helping to keep all the weight off the cutting edge. I pushed enough dirt with it to make the blade fold over and nothing bent or broke. Hopefully we don't get any snow this winter and I never get to test it.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Almost forgot to update my brush hog pictures. I got the stump jumper welded, new blade bolts, patched the holes, welded on new runners, and gave it a coat of paint. Got to test it last Saturday and it worked great.

Mowed over a acre of that kind of stuff then went over in the woods and mowed some brush and small trees.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
All that neat stuff makes your blade look a bit out of place. You'll have to sand that thing down and paint it too!!

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
All that neat stuff makes your blade look a bit out of place. You'll have to sand that thing down and paint it too!!
In the spring. Need to make sure it works as good as I am hoping it will first.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Bought this little jewel at a auction Sunday. Put a new tube in one of the tires greased it up and hit it with the pressure washer. Hard to find much grass to mow in Nov. but I found a few high spots and some leaves in the guy next doors back yard. Works great and had way more tip speed then I thought it would. Not sure if I am keeping it or selling it.

DaveB6200

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6200 with sloppy worn FEL.
Apr 3, 2015
Cromwell, Connecticut
If I won the lottery and could retire early this is the kinda stuff I'd love to be doing every day! I enjoyed reading this thread from the beginning and all the improvements/mods and attachments you have bought or made!

1st thing I would need to do after winning lotto is buy some real land though and move to where I can work/play around doing land clearing, tree removal, cut and split wood for the winters and mow fields......hope I live long enough to some day do what you are doing!

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
If I won the lottery and could retire early this is the kinda stuff I'd love to be doing every day! I enjoyed reading this thread from the beginning and all the improvements/mods and attachments you have bought or made!

1st thing I would need to do after winning lotto is buy some real land though and move to where I can work/play around doing land clearing, tree removal, cut and split wood for the winters and mow fields......hope I live long enough to some day do what you are doing!

Thanks for sharing and keep up the good work!
Thanks for the kind words. I only own a acre of land but I use every inch of it. I cut wood at friends woods and the brush hog work was done at a buddies land. I got by with a couple of sears riding tractors and really don't need the Kubota but I am sure glad I have it. My wife has 2 horses that she keeps at her moms barn so that also helped justify buying the tractor to do work there. The main reason I wanted a FEL was to work on my backyard dirt bike track. Moving dirt with a snow blade and rear box blade on the Sears was a lot of work and took way to much time. The track keeps the Kubota real busy and I am always fixing or changing things to make it more fun for the boys. Most of the track was built or changed since I have had my Kubota. Most of the dirt was hauled in with dump trailer.

Click to play the video.

Last edited:

DaveB6200

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B6200 with sloppy worn FEL.
Apr 3, 2015
Cromwell, Connecticut
Thanks for the kind words. I only own a acre of land but I use every inch of it. I cut wood at friends woods and the brush hog work was done at a buddies land. I got by with a couple of sears riding tractors and really don't need the Kubota but I am sure glad I have it. My wife has 2 horses that she keeps at her moms barn so that also helped justify buying the tractor to do work there. The main reason I wanted a FEL was to work on my backyard dirt bike track. Moving dirt with a snow blade and rear box blade on the Sears was a lot of work and took way to much time. The track keeps the Kubota real busy and I am always fixing or changing things to make it more fun for the boys. Most of the track was built or changed since I have had my Kubota. Most of the dirt was hauled in with dump trailer.

Click to play the video.

You do make the most of that acre that's for sure!!

And you have made your boy's a nice track for riding on.....that should keep them busy and happy!....thanks for the video!!

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Its been a busy last few weeks for the FEL on the B. Bought the quick attach at the end of last month off ebay that started all this fun. Bought the 3pt. QH off Craigs list, picked up the used bucket at a auction 2 weeks ago.

From QA,

To all of this,

Used 3 pt QH 75$
New quick attch with shipping $320
Used bucket $175 Pins $11
Welding bracket to QH to fit on QA $220

I wanted to keep this page updated for future refference. All the details of the build are here.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22530

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22689

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
I am impressed.
Nice work and like all the attatchments.
I like building stuff too, just dont care to paint. Would rather be working them than waiting for paint to dry.

Always thinking about things to make life a little easier, single plow shovel on rear reciever hitch for trenching in wire or pipe was one of my better choices. Beats grub hoe and shovel.

rkidd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650, FEL With QA 60"mmm, 3pt FDR1672,homemade ballast box, BB 1572 box scraper
Dec 7, 2015
Jefferson Ohio
That's a lot of neat fab work you have done. Looks great. Any day is a great day to fab something up for your Kubota!

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Been working the Kubota all week. The guy next door hurt his back and ask if I could mow for him so I have been mowing with the 3 pt. finish mower. This week after I mowed I figured it was time to start working on cleaning up the mess around his house.

I took this picture last summer.

Planted grass today but we got a real heavy down pour that washed it all away. Picked that dog cage up and moved it, a old WH tractor, 2 dog boxes, and a gas grill. Did a bunch of cleaning up along the fence row also. Guy only mows what he can get from the seat of his riding mower. 5 gal. of Round Up should slow that stuff down. The shed had 6 feet of briers growing around it. Also did work in the front and side yards. What a mess.

One year later.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Wow - such a nice job! You're a good neighbor.

I was thinking as I read your post, that I'm the only one in my small neighborhood of 6 houses that has mowed, snowblowed, or done something on all the other places in the 'hood over the last 25 years.

Most has been due to blizzards, floods, illness, vacations, house went vacant, etc., but all done gratis, because where I come from that's what neighbors do.

Your project was above and beyond.:cool:

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Wow - such a nice job! You're a good neighbor.

I was thinking as I read your post, that I'm the only one in my small neighborhood of 6 houses that has mowed, snowblowed, or done something on all the other places in the 'hood over the last 25 years.

Most has been due to blizzards, floods, illness, vacations, house went vacant, etc., but all done gratis, because where I come from that's what neighbors do.

Your project was above and beyond.:cool:
9 houses on my road and I have done tractor work on all but two. I snow plowed the guys drive at the bottom of the hill 4 times one winter and never got a wave out the door, thanks or anything so I stopped doing it. He used a shovel this winter and I just laugh as I drive by. I don't understand people.

I feel bad for the guy next door but I also feel like I should get some $ for all the work I have done plus the mowing. The son did agree to pay for the grass seed. The son that is 30 years old and still lives at home and makes more $ a year then I do and never offered to come out and help while my 2 boys and I did all the work and picked up trash out of the yard that he walks by every day.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Alansz400, I can relate to your situation. I have a neighbor who thinks I'm his maintenance man. I pushed snow for him 3 time one winter and he never came out to even lean on a shovel. Each storm was about 13" of snow about one week apart. He did complain via text message, that I piled the snow too close to his fuel tank...and needed to move it.

So I took my tractor over and proceeded to relocate the snow. He had an end dump of washed 1/2" rock dumped on his drive/parking area the summer before. That was like moving snow on marbles. I made a couple of divots he didn't approve of, and let me know.

I have come to realize his philosophy is: He tries to make his problem yours, so you solve it.

I believe we all get what we sow, latter then we sow, and more then we sow.

Just keep planting good seed, and let those who watch harvest what they plant. Down the road they will say, "Boy he sure is lucky!"

What they don't realize is, luck is when opportunity and preparedness meet. Most folks are just are not willing to get prepared!

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
I feel bad for the guy next door but I also feel like I should get some $ for all the work I have done plus the mowing.
I have a neighbor who thinks I'm his maintenance man. He did complain via text message, that I piled the snow too close to his fuel tank...and needed to move it.

What they don't realize is, luck is when opportunity and preparedness meet. Most folks are just are not willing to get prepared!
I think Alansz400 and D2Cat have the same neighbor!

Actually, a lot of "us" guys have the same neighbor - the "taker." Thankfully, I personally have not had similar issues with my neighbors.

But, ya' know, these are the generations of people we're all raising now - the Entitlement Age!

It's not what you guys or I would do, but that's what we've got!!:mad:

Rant over - now back to your regular programming.......:eek: