B7500 upgrades

mikkeeh

Aug 28, 2013
Mount Vernon Ohio
Yes I filled them to valve stem with the valve stem at 12 oclock. It was dark and cold out when I finished up last night so I didn't have a chance to try it out. Should be 260lbs. total. Do you have tire chains? That's going to be my next investment.
No chains. I have ag tires and they seem to do well,,,,at least for the snow/ice conditions we've had so far this year.

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland

Did you get the adjustable spread bar to stabilize the width of the forks? I have the same forks and they have worked out for me pretty well, just keep checking the clamps as they do loosen at times.

Ron

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO

Did you get the adjustable spread bar to stabilize the width of the forks? I have the same forks and they have worked out for me pretty well, just keep checking the clamps as they do loosen at times.

Ron

Made my own and it was a pain in the neck. I could not find any square tubing the right size to slide over the forks so I had to cut 2 pieces of angle iron and weld them together. Then I welded the nut in middle of the bar and when I slide the bar apart the bolt would not catch the inside tube. :eek: Kept thinking to myself I should have not been so cheep and just bought one. I did get to play with the plasma cutter and that's always fun.

lreops

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3400DT W/ LA463 FEL and L235DT W/ BF400 Loader
Dec 26, 2011
Rising Sun, Maryland
Made my own and it was a pain in the neck. I could not find any square tubing the right size to slide over the forks so I had to cut 2 pieces of angle iron and weld them together. Then I welded the nut in middle of the bar and when I slide the bar apart the bolt would not catch the inside tube. :eek: Kept thinking to myself I should have not been so cheep and just bought one. I did get to play with the plasma cutter and that's always fun.

The reason I asked is because the spreader bar came with mine and I was wondering whether you just didn't show it. I believe mine was part of the package, don't think It was an extra that I had to purchase.

Ron

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO

The reason I asked is because the spreader bar came with mine and I was wondering whether you just didn't show it. I believe mine was part of the package, don't think It was an extra that I had to purchase.

Ron

It was $169 for the forks or $238 for the forks and stabilizer. I am cheep and like to weld so I had less then $20 in mine. Good thing my time is not worth much.

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
33 gallons??? I would think 2 or 3 gallons of antifreeze and the rest of wwater would be enough. BE VERY careful of the windshield washer fluid. Some of it is only good down to 32*. Bought some last week and filled my washer, next day , hit the button for the sprayer and it sprayed and instantly froze on the windshield. It was 25* outside. Couldn't see anything, scared the poop out of me.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Nice trailer but ..... that looks bit big for the B7500.
You'll want to be a bit careful how much you load into that thing if you are going up or down any steep grades. You could end up with more weight than the B7500 can handle.

Dan_R_42

Equipment
B7100-D, w/ Sims Cab, B219 FEL, ARPS 70 Backhoe, Oversized R4 Tires, LX2610 Cab
Dec 1, 2010
Taunton, MA
You'll want to be a bit careful how much you load into that thing if you are going up or down any steep grades. You could end up with more weight than the B7500 can handle.
Did I miss something? I believe he said the trailer was to haul the Kubota. Not to tow behind the Kubota. :D

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Yes it is heavy, 3500lbs heavy. I pulled it from the side yard to the driveway to wash the salt off of it. The trailer has brake away brakes so I hooked that up incase things got ugly. I don't plan on pulling it with the Kubota with any weight in it I have a F250 with a power stoke for that.

mendonsy

Equipment
B7500HST/LA302
May 28, 2012
Mendon, NY
Yeah, 3500# is definitely a heavy trailer.
As I recall the B7500 weighs about a ton plus another 500# for the loader so the trailer starts out a half ton heavier than the B7500. You can probably haul a ton or more on level ground with the B7500, but on inclines it could get a bit exciting. With the F250 you should be able to haul the B7500 in the trailer if it fits inside.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Yeah, 3500# is definitely a heavy trailer.
As I recall the B7500 weighs about a ton plus another 500# for the loader so the trailer starts out a half ton heavier than the B7500. You can probably haul a ton or more on level ground with the B7500, but on inclines it could get a bit exciting. With the F250 you should be able to haul the B7500 in the trailer if it fits inside.
It should fit fine with out anything on the 3pt. hitch. The trailer is 12 foot long. 10 foot trailers are a lot cheaper and would have been a better fit behind the Kubota but no way the tractor and loader would fit inside. I think I sold my 16 foot landscape trailer today so it better fit.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Bought this KK box blade last week and it needed a paint job so painting it orange seemed like the way to go. Kubota decals are in the mail. Paint was still tacky on the ripper teeth. Hope the ground dries up soon so I can try it out.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I bought this a few years ago on sale at Harbor Freight and never used it. I bought a 600lb wood furnace yesterday and needed to set it down 2 steps into my basement. It worked great.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Tire chain time. I bought these last summer at a tractor swap meet and with the ice storm on the way I figured I better put them on. Wow so much better. They could have been a little wider but the length was fine.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO

Test hole. Works good so I put a coat of orange paint on it.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
What kind of hole digger is that? I don't think I've seen one set that far back before. Is it for a specific purpose?

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Finally bought a tooth bar. I have wanted one since I bought my tractor and Monday I pulled the trigger on it. The UPS truck dropped it off at lunch time and after work I put it on and used it until dark. Works great. Real nice for raking rocks and roughing up the ground to plant grass seed. Way more heavy duty then I would have thought it would be.

Sorry the buckets so dirty. The tractor was under cover but the bucket got rain in it.
Thanks http://www.bxpanded.com/ for the fast shipping and quick answer to my email. This is the one I bought and its a perfect fit. 46 1/2 inches. http://bxpanded.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=39

Last edited: