New here & don't like it

wozza

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 12, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Well I'm new to this forum and I don't like it all ready. Based on what I've been reading here, I just purchased a BX2370. I haven't even got it yet and all ready spent money on eBay for some 60w 7" Cree LED flood lights to rig up on the ROPS. So at this rate you guys are going to cost me a lot of money. :D:D

Just a quick intro. I'm Warren from Perth, Western Australia. I recently purchased a 5 acre block that we hope to be building on soon, but in the meantime we still have to maintain it with fire breaks, driveway, weeds, etc. After spending money on hiring equipment, I decided to just bight the bullet and get what I needed. So got a good deal on a BX2370 with FEL and 4' slasher (I think you guys call them bush hogs). Hope to have it in a couple of weeks.

Looking forward to learning lots from here and will also share anything I think will help others. I will post up some photos once I get the beast and have rigged up the lights.

Cheers
Warren

mickeyd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2014 L3200 DT w/LA524 FEL, 2019 Kubota Z121S w/ 48" Pro Dec, TG1860G w/RCK54TG
Mar 21, 2014
Guin, AL
Welcome to the OTT forum Warren. We are glad to have you joined with us here. :)
You made the right decision to "Bite The Bullet" and get a toy... I mean tractor. :D You will be surprised at how many different things you will be using it for that you never thought of before and how much faster you can get things done.

Congrats!

mdhughes

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3901DT
Dec 10, 2014
Ste Geneveive county, MO
Warren, it is a sickness that get worse the longer you have your Kubota. Some of the guys have tried to get over it by buying a second or even a third Kubota, but it just makes it worse than before.

I replace a 1970's Ford 2000 with a L3901DT and let me tell you there is a big difference in the tractors. I have 210 hours on mine so far, got it Dec 2014. I mainly use it to cut firewood and take care of my driveway and private road. We are building a garage and I have been moving a lot of dirt of late.

Enjoy you tractor when you get it, the late is going to be hard!

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Yes you have heard of gold fever ,, well orange fever is just as bad, and really there is no cure. You just have to learn to temper your self and try not to go crazy, :D
Congras on the BX, your going to find out its a little beasty , just remember shes a little tractor, (not a lawn mower) so what you do will be based on that .
Welcome and enjoy your new toy,,,errrr I meant tools yea thats it tools

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
wait till you buy another orange .......is gets addictive after a while!

Congrats on your BX - to add to what Skeets said, that little machine will outwork even the best man! It is the best toy.....er....tool in the shed!!!

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Warren, welcome. I have a friend from Perth. Actually met him on another forum. His name there was Oz Dozer. He was a great help and influence for me and I lost track of him. I know Perth has a population of near 2M people, but when I see the name Perth, I think of him!

Congratulations on your new possession.

Folks make mention of become "addicted" to orange tractors. That's not a negative idea. It's actually a simple investment if you need a piece of equipment.

When you buy an Orange tractor for any use you are saving funds you would have to pay to rent equipment or to hire the job out to someone. After years of use the tractor will bring a fair return for what you initially paid for it, especially after deducting those cost you would have paid out if it wasn't owned.

Now, if you find tractors needing repairs, and do the work yourself owning Orange is better then a money market fund!!:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
When you buy an Orange tractor for any use you are saving funds you would have to pay to rent equipment or to hire the job out to someone. After years of use the tractor will bring a fair return for what you initially paid for it, especially after deducting those cost you would have paid out if it wasn't owned.
Lol, sounds like me trying to talk the wife into letting me buy one. Congrats on the new tractor, enjoy. Soon you'll wonder how you ever did without one.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyM

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX25DTLB
Sep 21, 2016
Vancouver Island Canada
Yup, it's an addiction and gets worse, day by day. First the Rops lights, then the bucket attachments, box blade, hitches, winches....now it's looking at quick attaches, Piranha bars, hydraulic top links, tire fills...

But boy, I am having a ball. Great site to feed the beast.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I think we have our new chairman for the OZ branch of Kubota Anonymous! :D

I'm so looking forward to an OZ trip for the meetings!

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Yea, but folks from Texas call ponds tanks. I can't get use to that verbage!
Born and raised in East Texas and I had never heard the term "tank" used for a pond until I lived in Central Texas. I agree, it was an odd. I thought water was being shipped in and stored. :D

Warren, welcome aboard....
IMG_0876.JPG
Come to the Orange Side.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Trip to OZ,,hmmmm lets see
Follow the yellow brick road,
,follow the yellow brick road,,,,,
follow follow follow the yellow brick road,,,

I don't think we're in Kansas anymore Toto

oh sorry, I went away there for a bit but Im back now,,,I think:confused:

Last edited:

wozza

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 12, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
I'll chair the Oz meetings, but you will all have to bring some extra luggage to save me paying freight on some accessories. Although they might be a bit heavy for carry on luggage.

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
New here & don't like it

Probably not fit in the overhead racks above the plane seats I suspect. Perhaps a chartered freight ship would be best for passenger travel...........

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Chartered party freight flight it is! :D

I'll have to work on getting my Wolf cleared for a visit! ;)
Don't want another Johnny Depp situation! :rolleyes: :cool:

wozza

Equipment
BX2370
Mar 12, 2017
Perth, Western Australia
Looks like it will be another week before I get the new BX :(

So here I am, I've got lights, wires, relays, switches, steel, welder, paint, nuts & bolts, drill, etc.. all ready to go and nothing to do with them. Guess I'll just have to read more posts and watch more youtube videos to get ideas on what else I can get for the new machine.

Been looking at Ken's bolt on hooks, will have to see if he can do me a sweet deal on shipping to OZ and make them my next purchase. :D