B7500 upgrades

alansz400

Equipment
B7500. FEL, Piranha tooth bar, box scraper, post hole digger, 3 pt. bucket
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Well still mowing next door. Started charging him 25$ a mowing. He is back to work but said I can keep mowing until spring. Looks a lot better then it did last year at this time. I wanted to rip that deck off but he claims hes going to fix it up. RIGHT..

sgtboz

Equipment
Kubota L3800/L3940, BH77/BH90 Backhoes, www.bozhog.com
Sep 11, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK
www.bozhog.com
I love the grill and hood 'armor.' Very well done, sir. I've also up-armored my fuel filter as well as the filters underneath the foot pads on my L3800. They are so exposed, it always worried me that they'd be jabbed with a stick or something.

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
I know this thread is old, but I'm new, so I read it all. Fabulous work you do! You also did an awesome job on your neighbor's lawn. I can't hardly believe it's the same place. You can't expect him to pay you for the work you did when you never discussed it beforehand. As a decent neighbor he should have offered to pay you (I would have for sure), but you can't just do work for somebody and expect to get paid when pay was never discussed, or even the desire to have the work done. Did he ask you to do it? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just a realist. I too know how doing favors all of the sudden becomes "your job" for some people. I have a snow removal business, and there are a few people that I do for free due to their age, or being a widow etc... I've never asked to be paid, and didn't expect to. But those people getting the freebies are the first to bitch if I don't do their drives first. Pisses me off to no end.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
I know this thread is old, but I'm new, so I read it all. Fabulous work you do! You also did an awesome job on your neighbor's lawn. I can't hardly believe it's the same place. You can't expect him to pay you for the work you did when you never discussed it beforehand. As a decent neighbor he should have offered to pay you (I would have for sure), but you can't just do work for somebody and expect to get paid when pay was never discussed, or even the desire to have the work done. Did he ask you to do it? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just a realist. I too know how doing favors all of the sudden becomes "your job" for some people. I have a snow removal business, and there are a few people that I do for free due to their age, or being a widow etc... I've never asked to be paid, and didn't expect to. But those people getting the freebies are the first to bitch if I don't do their drives first. Pisses me off to no end.
Yes he ask me to mow and said he would pay me to mow the problem is I can't mow the way he mows. If I am doing the mowing I want it done right. That's the part we didn't talk about. Doesn't matter anyways he tied two big dogs out back this winter so the grass is all gone and the back yard is a mud hole. They had the dogs tied in the front yard all summer since they couldn't get down the steps on the deck so the front yards a mess and thanks to all my work cleaning up the deck the back yards a mess. I am done with him. Thinking about building a privacy fence this summer.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Jeff, I have a plow on my 4x4 truck and use it primarily for a commercial parking lot I'm responsible for. I live in the country so I clean some neighbor's drive way when I get done in town.

One neighbor had a drive way of about 600' and they had a baby. I'd clean their drive for four or five years and always got a "thank you". One time I cleaned the drive and no response. Again I cleaned it, same thing. After about the 4th time I quit.

Another neighbor, the same thing happened. I figure if they don't say thanks, I probably did something wrong and just won't tell me..so I want to quit offending them.

In our society of, no one left out, no losers, give me...give me, folks get an attitude of you "you got it, give me some".

I've never had anyone come out when I was hooking up the plow, changing the oil in the truck, or working in a storm to get the lights working and offer a bit of help or even a word of encouragement or thanks.

Folks will take advantage of you, but I think some folks just don't know how to say thanks. They have never been taught appropriate social skills. They've never written a note to someone saying they appreciate what they have done.

Look at most city residences. They have a fence built around their yard. Do they have a pet they want to keep in, or just want privacy? No neighbors welcome. They probably don't know the names of their neighbors....they have fences to!

Once you get to know someone you can tell their personality. I know folks who want to "make their problem your problem". They get real good at this.

Once they convince you of this scenario, you get to work solving the problem, and they set back and admire how they solved their problem!!

On the other hand, "You have not lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you".

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
Yes he ask me to mow and said he would pay me to mow the problem is I can't mow the way he mows. If I am doing the mowing I want it done right. That's the part we didn't talk about. Doesn't matter anyways he tied two big dogs out back this winter so the grass is all gone and the back yard is a mud hole. They had the dogs tied in the front yard all summer since they couldn't get down the steps on the deck so the front yards a mess and thanks to all my work cleaning up the deck the back yards a mess. I am done with him. Thinking about building a privacy fence this summer.
I feel your pain, and couldn't agree with you more. I understand your point of cutting this neighbor loose completely. When I'm in your position I try to not let it affect what I do for other people. Sure, get rid of this one "user", but still try to give the next person a shot. If that makes sense to you. Try to not let yourself get "hardened" due to one (or six) people who take advantage of you. Just move on, and give the next guy the same opportunity you gave the last guy to be appreciative of your efforts.

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
D2Cat, I hear you and am on the same page as you. I plow commercially, not residential. Don't like driveways, never have. But I do about six driveways when I can fit them in, just because they are/were friends, that have physical disabilities, are old, or widowed. Either I do them myself, or I'll have my other driver go do them for me if I'm still plowing or too busy otherwise. So, sometimes I'm actually paying out of my pocket to have those six driveways done because I can't get to them and my other driver does them for me. I have to pay him to do them. So, when they're not being charged, and I have explained to them that I have to plow them "when I can fit them in", as the paying customer always comes first for me since they have 1" triggers in their contracts, and I have to meet those contract requirements. So, when those people do bitch it just hits my last nerve. They're getting a free service that is of value, and sometimes it's money coming out of my pocket. Sure sits wrong with me. I also pay that same driver to spend appx. two hours to drive to my Mother's, Father's and Brother's house to do their driveways. The driver's always looking for as many hours as he can get, and my family really appreciates the help. So, I don't mind doing that part, as they're my family. It helps both my driver and my family. They always take care of Edger too (the driver). Tips, or food that they happen to be cooking or whatever, so it works out well for everybody.

OC455

Equipment
BX2350 LED ROP, FEL, Belly mower,modified snow blower, pole boom, middle plow
Sep 30, 2016
Rome NY USA
This thread is awesome. I like all the mods you have done. Excellent work sir!!! I like the grill guard and hood armor. Gives me some ideas of what I want to go forth and do!!!

Thank you for giving me some ideas!!!

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
Im big on helping people that genuinely need help. I got stopped on the road and asked if i plow driveways. He assumed i did as there was a plow hanging on my truck. Said sorry, i dont plow for money.

My driveway and a couple people i help out. Thats it.

Just did a 700 dollar repair on a young lady's car for free. No money,parents are dirtbags and she is going to school trying to pay her own way through. A struggle for her made easier after a weekend of something that comes naturally for me. And i got butter tarts.

A customer drives a patient for dialsys three times a week. I do her oil changes for free.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
TJ, your character is showing. You're a good man, and a fine neighbor!

Many people do not understand the concept. You get what you sow, more then you sow, later then you sow.

When something happens to us, whether good or bad, and the reason confounds us....the answer is usually something done in the past.

BotaTrac

Equipment
Kubota B25D, Kubota L305DT, Kubota L2501D, Ford 681 Select-O-Speed
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
Whoah. I really like your expanded metal mods! That quick hitch is pretty cool too. I saw somewhere a guy welded on and reinforced a large piece of metal angle horizontally across the top and installed some 5/8 chain hooks and shackles. He uses it to skid logs off his 3 point.

The Jack mount is genius too. That's gonna be a huge help. Great ideas on the 7500! Keep posting.....

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
First day of spring. Took the snow plow off that I never got to try all winter and got my disc ready to go.

I know that paint job is a mess. Late fall and running out of warm days.

Center link was wide to fit in the bracket and to low so after some thinking I came up with this. Had to drill one hole in the adapter.

Bigger pins and all set to try them out. To bad the track is a muddy mess.

Hope the cold is over and spring is really here.

Last edited:

Tooljunkie

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L1501,home built carry all, mini plow blade.
May 13, 2014
Lac Du Bonnet, Manitoba,Canada
That is an impressive collection of implements and attatchments. I just finised getting my box scraper built and really like having one now.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
That is an impressive collection of implements and attatchments. I just finised getting my box scraper built and really like having one now.
Thanks. Gave the tractor a good work out the past few days. Loaded 5 dump trailer loads of wood, pulled tons of brush and had to pull the old Ford around the field. Pulling the big log was by far the most work. Didn't help that the end of it was digging in the ground. Got the Kubota home and used the bucket to lift the big logs on the the splitter for about 3 hours. Used over a 1/2 a tank of fuel in the past 3 days.

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
Thanks. Gave the tractor a good work out the past few days. Loaded 5 dump trailer loads of wood, pulled tons of brush and had to pull the old Ford around the field. Pulling the big log was by far the most work. Didn't help that the end of it was digging in the ground. Got the Kubota home and used the bucket to lift the big logs on the the splitter for about 3 hours. Used over a 1/2 a tank of fuel in the past 3 days.

Pretty fun isn't? Waaaaaaaay better than a day at work!! I love my Bota!!

Last edited:

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Yea no way we could have got 5 dump trailer loads of wood and all the brush cleaned up before the rain without the Kubota. My son did most of the tractor driving but I got to play with the new Stihl 362. Wow what a saw. If any one is saw shopping that saw is worth looking at. Little on the heavy side but it just rips. Back to splitting and stacking today after work.

alansz400

Equipment
Oct 26, 2013
Loudonville OHIO
Well its done. All the help ran off when it came time to split and stack. I did get my 10 and 11 year old boys to help some. The Kubota saved the day and my privacy fence is done. :D

BotaTrac

Equipment
Mar 16, 2017
Hogwarts Academy
Im big on helping people that genuinely need help. I got stopped on the road and asked if i plow driveways. He assumed i did as there was a plow hanging on my truck. Said sorry, i dont plow for money.

My driveway and a couple people i help out. Thats it.

Just did a 700 dollar repair on a young lady's car for free. No money,parents are dirtbags and she is going to school trying to pay her own way through. A struggle for her made easier after a weekend of something that comes naturally for me. And i got butter tarts.

A customer drives a patient for dialsys three times a week. I do her oil changes for free.
Special place in Heaven for guys like you Sir......You're a good man. I credit my Dad with being man enough to instill those values in me. I am saddened to feel that some in our society lack even the most basic and common manners let alone the will to help some kid who is trying to better herself. Truly what comes around goes around my brother.......