New BX-1870 Mower Help

mainer

Mar 25, 2017
So Maine
So I just got a sweet deal on a almost new BX 1870-1. Only problem is that there is no mower with it. Called the dealer, and YIKES it's $2400 for the mmm. Ouch.

So here is a few questions I have for the experts. I have searched all over with no avail;

1. What is the model numbers of mmm that I can put on this tractor?
2. What size do you recommend?
3. MMM or rear 3 point hitch finish mower?
4. How big would you go on the rear 3pt mower?

I have 1 acre and it is super hilly. I had a BX1800 with the mmm, but couldn't get it to fit on the new one. It worked fairly well, just a pain to put on and take off, hence why I am leaning for the 3pt mower. I appreciate
your comments!

Kyle_CMU

Equipment
BX1870 and B7100D - HST
Mar 27, 2013
Midland, MI, USA
1. What is the model numbers of mmm that I can put on this tractor?
--rck54-23bx is the 54 inch mmm, the other is a 48 inch I think. Not sure of the number.

2. What size do you recommend?
--Depends upon your lot. Lots of obstacles, smaller, lots of straight, larger.

3. MMM or rear 3 point hitch finish mower?
--I have both, I like the MMM because I keep my box scraper on the 3 point. Plus, if you're turning a lot, the rear mower swings around a lot more. This is problematic in tight locations.

4. How big would you go on the rear 3pt mower?
--My 3-point mower is a landpride 60 inch, it is a little too large but works. Horsepower is fine, the weight is a little much.

I bought mine in the same way as you. I found a Kubota dealer that had a deck someone didn't want when they bought a machine off the floor. It had never been used but was $1,500 because it was a "take-off" unit and was therefore "used". The decision on MMM or 3-point depends a lot upon the mowing type (straight and clear, or curvy and tight) and what you want on the back. If you get a 3-point version, a rear discharge is awesome.

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
Consider a rear towed mower attached to the three point fittings. It is easy to remove when you need and costs less. Adjusting the height of cut is someways more difficult time wise, but once set is unlikely needing changing. It also is not as easy for tight maneuvering, but in the open no sweat. The belly mower is more complicated and much harder to install. For the size, I'd see what horse power the manufacturer recommends and go that way.

Last edited: