tractor transport trailer for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I made this for my since sold 1996 B2105 about 4 years ago. I made it as light as possible thus no top deck just open framing. I wanted a bare bones transporter, it easily tows (when empty!) with my Prius or other small car, plus the tongue weight is low enough that it is a breeze to move around by hand. I can't recall the exact weight loading of the axle I bought for it, but I know it's "enough." I wanted it to ride right when loaded, and it does. I even used it to haul my new L3301 home, which weighs about 1,000 lbs more then my B 2105. The tires are like new. I've carried the 2105 with the rear mower deck on it, and at times the backhoe with no issues. I carry the ramps (not shown) in the front bucket. LED lights, 2" hitch. I will deliver it within 500 miles (more or less) for gas money 1 way, and as I would be using the Prius, figure 40 to 50 MPG! Or, it could be shipped via FASTENAL (cheap way to go I hear). Reason for selling? Bought a new 12' dump bed tandem axle trailer for the new L 3301, and don't really need it anymore. Kept inside BTW, always. It is the maximum trailer for the minimum empty weight, and it's perfect for hauling little orange tractors around! The "trick" with this trailer is it's light enough to tow with your car down to Home Depot to get a few sheets of plywood, while also stout enough to haul your tractor around behind the pickup.

It is optimized for tractor moving, the open frame gives a multiplicity of tie down points, but I have found it very useful for other types of hauling, it even has a recessed well in the center for carrying 55 gallon drums. The bed is 5' by 12' $750.00 firm

Attachments

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Pulled that with a L3301 behind a Prius? :eek:

That I would like to see a picture of!

Only thing that would be better is a Harley Davidson on a trailer pulled by a Prius!:p:p

Not picking at all - just don't think of a Prius as a tow vehicle!:D

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
I'm in SE Idaho, near Pocatello, I MAY be going to a big heavy equipment trade show in Las Vegas next week to kick the tires on a new crane (my day job) probably not, but if anyone needed it hauled that direction, it'd be another excuse to go!

I hear you, the Prius is only used for light duty stuff, like this pic here showing me hauling a 175 lb solar array to a customer 100 miles away, freeway travel mostly so easy duty. The open frame of the trailer once again made it easy to tie down the load, much easier anyway then if it had a floor. Still got 40.5 MPG though so a pretty cheap way to move things around. I got to thinking though, if I sell the tractor trailer, I may replace it with a 4' x 8' all aluminum one, specifically for Prius "work." Custom built and open framed again, so super light. It sure won't be used for hauling tractors around though! Light as the tractor trailer is for what it can carry, it is still heavier then I need for a couple hundred lb. loads now and then.https://endless-sphere.com/forums/download/file.php?id=211302

Here's a pic, call it a pictorial proof test of the trailer I have for sale, with the 2800 lb 3301 PLUS the weight of the FEL and bucket. I think the axle is good for 3500 lbs.

Attachments

demort

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23s
May 6, 2017
Holmes, NY, US
Thanks for the idea for a trailer.
Something to pull my BX23s is now on my want list. Not a need, but it sure would be nice to have. The open plan is kind of smart for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.