Cant find replacement tires.........

mrcj001

Sep 25, 2015
ky
I have a mid 90`s B1750 tractor....

front tires are 5.00-10 and everywhere I ask says they only have it in a "trailer" tire.

Is there another size that will fit the rims??? looking for turf tires

The rears are 9.5-16 is there a alternate size I can use??

Steve NC

Equipment
B7100D, L2900DT, ZD21, G6200,
Dec 29, 2014
Sandy Bottom North Carolina
Have you tried the dealer? My brother in law has a bx series and just had to replace his front tires. They ordered him a set, $70 each both were mounted on new rims ready to install on the tractor.

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
A couple of questions:
Have you visually verified the size physically or are you reading what the
manual says? I'm not asking this to be an a$$hole so please take this with
a grain of salt because I've been in the tire business for 44 years fielding
millions of phone calls and sometimes people don't bother to look at the
tires themselves or they look and because in most cases with tractor tires they're very old sidewalls scuffed up making it difficult to read etc.

What brand of tires is on it now?

Is your tractor 2 wheel drive or 4 wheel drive?

When looking for tires your first call should always be your local tire dealer
who specializes in selling tires. The majority of these dealers will do everything they possibly can to sell you tires, that's what they're there for
and with that in mind it's best to let them do all the work locating the proper tire for fitment/use and again the majority will do so at a very competitive price because they want you and your family and every friend
you've got coming in to them repeatedly. Tire dealers have the connections
to get product so give them a call and see what you come up with.

Special note: If you're in a smaller area and there's only a couple tire dealers around please save them all a bunch of time by choosing one and giving them a day or two to see what they come up with, and preferably one that specializes in farm tires or at least commercial type truck and loader tires. Calling 5 dealers in a small area will result in those dealers calling multiple (same distributors ) distributors wasting a bunch of time
best used on another customer that needs tires or service.
Al

GEP

Jun 16, 2010
Benton Harbor, Mi
I have a mid 90`s B1750 tractor....

front tires are 5.00-10 and everywhere I ask says they only have it in a "trailer" tire.

Is there another size that will fit the rims??? looking for turf tires

The rears are 9.5-16 is there a alternate size I can use??
Go to nebraskatire.com you will get the best prices there. They wont kill you on the shipping.
The 2nd one is millertire.com

mrcj001

Sep 25, 2015
ky
Still cant find the front tires......the ebay link tires are for a 4WD tractor.

Mine is a 2WD...I need either a rib or turf style tire. I found plenty of rear tires just not the front. Every where I looked has "trailer" tires....unless I`m overlooking them.

I checked the sidewall of the tire and it is a 5.00-10

:confused:

mrcj001

Sep 25, 2015
ky
Seems I can use this size........20.5x8,00-10 which is available in a turf tire.....

Found this in the manual.

clay45

Equipment
L2050DT, TSC 5ft Rake, Tartar 5ft rototiller, TSC Middlebuster, TSC CarryAll
Feb 6, 2015
SC
Be sure to consider the combinations that the manual presents properly. I know mine lists 3 front tires and 3 rear tires but you cannot use any listed front tire with any listed back tire and expect it to be a compatible arrangement. Being two wheel drive makes your less critical but then a truck tire might make a better front wheel anyway.

And don't become overly hung up on the tire spec as there is considerable variation between manufacturers tires of a given size. Could it be that one manufacturers 4.50-10 is the same RC as anothers 5.00-10?

Here's some specs for you to compare to.:
http://protekta-tyres.com/en/agricultural/397-padanga-500-10-sk-7-superking-8pr-89a6-tt.html

The static load radius and the recommended rim size would be my choice for comparable tires. The difficulty I ran in to was finding comparable specifications for the tires. When I did I discovered considerable variation in the so called "sizes".

Last edited:

tiredguy

Equipment
B3030 HSTC,B2781 51" front mounted snowblower,60" MMM
Jan 21, 2010
northern lower Michigan
Very sound advice Clyay45 has stated tires are not all the same actual
size so comparisons must be made, and as he stated someone's 450-10
might be nearly perfect size wise.

The 20.5x8-10 requires a 6 inch wide rim and I'd bet that your rim is
only 4 inches wide give or take a half an inch. Might want to check the
dealers etc for the possibility of 12 inch rims and see how a 400-12
might match up closer. I don't know what the diameter is of your 500-10's
are so if you'd measure and let us know.
Al