Pop up ads

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
I think a piece of the problem is that the ads from the site rotate in time and also target viewers based on their browsing history. So there might not be consistancy from viewer to viewer. Yuck :(

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Wolfman, Mr.K,

Well, I'm STILL getting the CME popup ad when I click on ANY link on the OTT site. I am running Win 7 64bit, SP1, I use IE11, I use Vipre Internet Security for virus protection, I have computer set to delete browser history on exit. I have popup blocker turned on. What else can I do to stop this stupid ad from coming up?

I have tried using Chrome, Firefox, and Safari and don't like the way they work. Also, I did get a FEW times that the CME ad popped up with them, too.

I have noticed that this is only happening on OTT, no other sites.

Dave

Orange Turbo

Lifetime Member

Equipment
MX5100, pto13000kw, Loader, Ripper,Plow,Disc,Mower,Forks,3pt spreader,Box Blade.
Feb 2, 2015
Mo
nothing has changed on my end, But there's a big diff on the speed it loads, its
super fast, before it took awhile, and sometimes I just gave up...

THANKS!!!

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Well, so far today there are no more problems with CME for me. Hopefully the problem has been stopped.

Thanks to all for letting me vent on my original post.

Dave

sheepfarmer

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, B2650, Gator, Ingersoll mower
Nov 14, 2014
MidMichigan
The error 406 problem persists with Adblock plus. This morning at around 9:20 it showed up again. The offending ad is for Ram 3500 trucks.

If I turn off wifi and with it Adblock plus I can view the forum with the ads. If I turn wifi back on I am blocked from accessing the site, says talk to site owner if you feel you are being blocked by mistake. Have gone back and forth several times and same thing. Hope you can fix...very annoying.

Edit: working with Adblock at 9:45 am. Different version of Ram ad was running when I switched back to check.

Last edited: