crazy weather today!!

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2601HSD & CK4010HST 4WD/FEL
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
never seen nothing like this happen this fast before...

freezing rain instantly turned to monster flakes & now we got this! it went from muddy & snowing to almost 3" deep now & still coming down here in southern Ohio.. NUTS!

its sooo soft under this i cant even get the tractor out of the shop back there!

fenderbender

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX23s
Feb 29, 2016
TOCCOA. GA

freezing rain instantly turned to monster flakes & now we got this! it went from muddy & snowing to almost 3" deep now & still coming down here in southern Ohio.. NUTS!

its sooo soft under this i cant even get the tractor out of the shop back there!

I live in NE GA. Yesterday it was 76° today it's 50° and rain

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

bearskinner

Equipment
BX25D, snowblower, PHD, Grapple, Snow blade, land Plane
Sep 1, 2014
N. Idaho
That’s a nice spring day! We have 8” of fresh snow since sunrise, and it will keep going till noon tomorrow. Projected 12”+ here, 36”+ on the mountain a few miles away. That’s what they make Kubotas and snow blowers for!

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH

freezing rain instantly turned to monster flakes & now we got this! it went from muddy & snowing to almost 3" deep now & still coming down here in southern Ohio.. NUTS!...[/IMG]
Never saw the freezing rain in my part of southern OH... just the snow. Not as much as you though. It's melted and adding to the water table. I have to strategically flush my toilets, wash dishes, or bath... groundwater level is so high... it has soaked it up from all the snow and rain this winter and have more rain to come. Rained 8 of the last ten days.. been that way since before summer.

Last edited:

Fredbussiere

Equipment
B7510HSD
May 28, 2016
Barrington,NH
NH weather has been Snow, Rain, Warm, Freezing, REPEAT!
Makes it hard on my Front mounted snowblower on a dirt driveway. Said enough to digging and throwing rocks/gravel with the blower and put the plow on!!

Attachments

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
NH weather has been Snow, Rain, Warm, Freezing, REPEAT!
Makes it hard on my Front mounted snowblower on a dirt driveway. Said enough to digging and throwing rocks/gravel with the blower and put the plow on!!
A backblade would be good for that, just spin it 180 and leave your gravel where it is.

Stmar

Equipment
B2650HSDC
May 23, 2017
Buffalo, Wyoming
50's last week now showing 8 with 30 mph winds so cold cold cold. Snow is coming in sideways and supposed to last until Tuesday morning. Will get the B2650 out later to break up drifts, won't really clean up until after the storm but don't want the drifts to get too high and with this wind they definitely will.

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
Never saw the freezing rain in my part of southern OH... just the snow. Not as much as you though. It's melted and adding to the water table. I have to strategically flush my toilets, wash dishes, or bath... groundwater level is so high... it has soaked it up from all the snow and rain this winter and have more rain to come. Rained 8 of the last ten days.. been that way since before summer.
are you a little farther north in southern ohio than me?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
We're crying uncle right now :rolleyes: The amount of rain we've been getting is nuts. So far we are over 8" of rain since Tuesday. With another couple inches called for tomorrow :eek:

Yard looks like a bog at the moment :rolleyes:

sdk1968

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Oct 19, 2016
Ohio
same here... we are getting flooded from every direction..

couple of hot days, now the rain is back & expected to pass flood stage all up & down the river here.

im on top of a hill... but its still mushy!

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Cold followed by more really cold (-8f), add a little... strike that... a lot of snow... more cold and more cold.... This is getting really old! :mad:

Kubota Newbie

Equipment
M4500, New Idea Cut-Ditioner, JD 14T Baler, IH "Plow Chief" plows, Oliver Rake
Dec 28, 2010
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Buckeye Chuck wasn't any better, still 6 weeks to spring from GH Day. I say we shoot and stuff both the furry little rodents and forecast spring on our own!

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Here's some pictures of the yard at the moment. :eek: Soggy mess is an understatement.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Actually, there aren't many homes in Arkansas that are built with a basement. Not sure if it's to keep the cost down, or a regional thing. The majority of homes are either on a raised slab, or crawl space that starts at ground level.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
That's a bonus right about now. This has been a crazy winter for us though, pretty much a grass lawn all winter, something I've never seen here before.

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
That's a bonus right about now. This has been a crazy winter for us though, pretty much a grass lawn all winter, something I've never seen here before.
Yes sir, crazy it is :rolleyes: They had an old gas tank surface south of us :eek:

Edit: Had a bad link for the story. Couldn't find the story of the one just happening.

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Yes sir, crazy it is :rolleyes: They had an old gas tank surface south of us :eek:

Edit: Had a bad link for the story. Couldn't find the story of the one just happening.
Holy, I can't even imagine what it would take to raise something like that.