Hydraulic hoses to snowblower BX5450 not working

homehank

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 22, 2018
Hancock
My BX2370 has a 50" snowblower and the hydraulic hose does not work when attached as recommended; the joy stick normally should lift'lower the blower attachment by pushing the joystick up or down, but these controls did not work. So I switched the hoses from the blower quick attach unit onto the other available hydraulic quick connects on the tractor, and I can make the blower lift up and down by pushing the joystick to the left and right. I can conclude I think that the 2 hoses to the quick connect and snow blower is working, but the hydraulic hose from the tractor, that is controlled by the forward and downward motion of the joystick is not working. The hydraulic hoses from the tractor for these controls is blocked or broken. Can I fix this myself, or do i need to have the dealership come out to do this work? I have a LA243 front loader with four hydraulic hoses that were working OK this past summer before I put on the snow blower and its quick attach unit with the 2 hydraulic hoses on it. Thanks.

Howling

Equipment
BX2370
Feb 5, 2016
Ayer, MA
On my BX2370-1 Kubota used color coded caps for matching the loader hydraulic lines. But colored rings attached to the line for the blower.

For the joy stick up/down should be connecting to outer pair of connectors.
tractor snow.jpg

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
Howling`s advice is good.

Sometimes the quick couplers do not seat fully. With the tractor off, move the joystick around to bleed off any hydraulic pressure. Then reconnect the two couplers with the engine off.

If this does not work, please post some photos of your FEL valve and hoses.

Dave