quick attach mounting plates

Dennis.D

Equipment
L6060, Erskine hydraulic snow blower, back hoe
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I need to attach a quick attach mounting plate to my forks. I see the mounting plates (from titan) from 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" and 1/2". I am guessing the difference is what the lift rating will be. I don't want to get to small a thickness and have it bend and let go and I don't want too heavy if I don't need the strength. Does anyone have a rating chart on the different sizes. I have a L6060 with a LA1055 Loader.

Dennis.D

Equipment
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA

Hillbilly77

Jun 19, 2016
New York
....I don't want too heavy if I don't need the strength.

....I have a L6060 with a LA1055 Loader.
I think it was here that I saw it posted somewhere:
If you get one too weak it'll break. If you get one too strong you'll never know.

Some food for thought:
With your 60HP tractor and a loader with a 1 ton + lift capacity, I doubt a few extra lbs. on the adapter plate will make a difference.

For instance, the Titan cutout plates. The 3/8" only weighs 4lbs. more than the 5/16" plate. The 1/2" plate is only 19lbs. heavier than the 5/16". A negligible amount when you're dealing with a greater than 1 ton capacity.

The solid plates are heavier, but you get the idea. :cool:

mikester

Equipment
M59 TLB
Oct 21, 2017
Canada
www.divergentstuff.ca
I need to attach a quick attach mounting plate to my forks. I see the mounting plates (from titan) from 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" and 1/2". I am guessing the difference is what the lift rating will be. I don't want to get to small a thickness and have it bend and let go and I don't want too heavy if I don't need the strength. Does anyone have a rating chart on the different sizes. I have a L6060 with a LA1055 Loader.
Do yourself and maybe a loved one a favour and buy a QA set of forks instead of modding yours. If you have to ask these kinds of questions you probably shouldn't be modding lifting devices.

Dennis.D

Equipment
Feb 16, 2018
Central, ME,USA
I hate it when someone mentions the obvious. I have been looking at the Titan 4000lb forks and that seems like a pretty good deal and my struggle with how much will it lift is over.
Thanks for all the advise.