1 comment & L1500 comments

La10X

Equipment
L 1500
Aug 8, 2015
owasso, oklahoma
Yes I am the NEWBE on the site. I have read articles on this site over the years but just registered. First off I want to thank Vic for the great videos & info. I have an L1500 I purchased in 1995. It has served me well & I have learned how to handle it pretty well in the interim. I have a small place but with lots of trees. Mostly just brush hog, box blade & strait blade. A couple of years ago my 3 point started to really get slow & sometimes took several minutes to get into action. Finally remembered to go back & read one of Vics lessons about changing trans fluid & of course the "internal" strainer. Drained the reservoir & took out the strainer. It was covered in Greenish-Black slime. Soaked it in some Simple Green overnight, put under the hose the next morning & that little stainless steel jewel looked like new, After I refilled with new trans fluid and cranked her up that lift has worked like it had never worked in all the years I have owned it! Vic, thank you for that tip and many others. Now it seems like I have to redo my steering system. I have read the 3 items related to this & am ready to start the process. I am not sure about the replacement parts. I believe that all the parts I may need to replace can be purchased using parts from L 175 vendors. BUT it would be good to know that is correct before I take it apart. Would appreciate any comments about this question as well as vendors I might consider. I purchased items from Messick's & have been happy with their help & service, used a local K vendor but did not care for their way of doing business. Thanks for letting an old guy talk way to much. Look forward to hearing from any of you.

Last edited:

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Welcome!

There is a "SEARCH" function at the top of the forum menu. I'm still learning how to use it after 5 years.....:eek:

I tried an Advanced Search under the Gray Market and Zennoh Forum category with "L1500 steering column", and found this one from Mike:

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30711&highlight=l1500+steering+column

You could also respond to Mike's thread, and it will come to the top of the heap!

Since your l1500 is similar to other US models, you could try a search for those models like I did, but under the Service, Repair Maintenance category .

You can also scroll through the Gray Market and Zennoh category - there may be some threads that will help.

There are several members very savvy with Grey Market tractors, and other USA models that are similar.

Billrigsby is the first to come to my mind. Daren Todd and 007kubotaguy are others, but there are a bunch of them! (Apologize if I left anybody out, but Syracuse plays shortly!!:D)

Good luck!

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com
Welcome!!

If it is a RWD 1500 then yes, the L175 parts are all you need.
If it is a 4WD 1500DT then the L225DT parts work for that model.

I have not touched my steering, that may all be L175.

I PM'd you links to both parts manuals.

La10X

Equipment
L 1500
Aug 8, 2015
owasso, oklahoma
Bill, my L1500 is a FWD. I have a L175 Manual (InterTec) it is not as extensive as the one you provided. Your response is much appreciated. AL

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Bill, my L1500 is a FWD. I have a L175 Manual (InterTec) it is not as extensive as the one you provided. Your response is much appreciated. AL
It's not FWD, it's 4WD. ;)

Or in Kubota Terms its a DT = Dual traction.

La10X

Equipment
L 1500
Aug 8, 2015
owasso, oklahoma
N.I. Wolfman, Good catch, but my post was even less correct then it appeared. It is a standard rear wheel drive L1500. I will attempt to be more careful in the future. I am certain of this one thing, my tractor is ORANGE. Have a great day, Al

xmikew

Equipment
L1500DT
Apr 15, 2017
Charleston
The parts from Messicks seems higher quality than the stuff from kumar bros / eBay. I tend to use Messicks first for any parts I need.

Start here for steering rebuild if you have not already.

http://www.orangetractortalks.com/2010/01/how-to-repair-a-steering-box-part-1/

I have a 1500dt and all the steering components I got for an l175 worked. I got all new seals and bearings.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk