Hydraulic Issue?

kuboman

Dec 6, 2009
Canada
Thanks but the reason I didn't do this is because it is still under warranty and if I can get a replacement then why not?
The mechanic said the QA was defective.
It is good to replace it. Once the torque tube has been twisted it twist easier the next time. To really do a proper repair it needs to be cut off and re welded.

BotaDriver

Equipment
L3800dt
May 15, 2013
North GA
It is good to replace it. Once the torque tube has been twisted it twist easier the next time. To really do a proper repair it needs to be cut off and re welded.
Not really an issue; the force is absorbed over the entire tube and not at a particular spot. The issue by looking at his pictures is that the forks do not seem to fit tightly to the SSQA on the machine. If such is the case it's just a matter of time before one side of the forks come off the SSQA again.

The tube is small and the forces great. It will twist no matter what. It's designed to twist as it is, else it would be a much larger rectangular box shape. The strength comes from the attachment being firmly attached to the plate. Look at his images w/ the forks, you can see what looks to be a gap between the bottom of the wedge/pin deal that sticks down into the attachment. When he goes over rough terrain and the attachment bounces, there is a risk for one or both sides coming loose from the SSQA point and it will be the same issue all over again.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
Not really an issue; the force is absorbed over the entire tube and not at a particular spot. The issue by looking at his pictures is that the forks do not seem to fit tightly to the SSQA on the machine. If such is the case it's just a matter of time before one side of the forks come off the SSQA again.

The tube is small and the forces great. It will twist no matter what. It's designed to twist as it is, else it would be a much larger rectangular box shape. The strength comes from the attachment being firmly attached to the plate. Look at his images w/ the forks, you can see what looks to be a gap between the bottom of the wedge/pin deal that sticks down into the attachment. When he goes over rough terrain and the attachment bounces, there is a risk for one or both sides coming loose from the SSQA point and it will be the same issue all over again.
First off Quazz I'm glad your dealer is doing the right thing and fixing the problem. That's the way it should be.

BotaDriver, your thoughts on this (SSQA) thread interest and alarm me at the same time. It seems that you expect the SSQA to give problems and fail so to speak due to it's design. Fail may be harsh but expecting to have issues seems fair though. From my experience with skid steers I fully agree with you.

This is why I like the design of the Kubota style QA so well. It has no moving parts to give problems and the bucket / forks or spear lock in tight. Unless the pins are left out there's no way the implement can come off. Simple, easy to use and dependable. IMHO Kubota did their homework and the Kubota QA is a great product. :cool:

fng120

Equipment
B2650 Cab, FEL, grapple, MMM, 60" box blade, pallet forks, 58" LandPride tiller
Jul 7, 2014
NW IN
Gotta love these forums! Bent my SSQA and found this post. Fixed it in 3 min. Thanks north Idaho wolfman!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk