Install new battery ?

Camo Kubota

Equipment
KUBOTA BX2230d Diesel, 60" mower deck, front end loader, kubota snowplow
Apr 18, 2014
Southwestern Pennsylvania
I'm replacing my original kubota battery and was wondering when changing it, do I put any type of grease on the terminals or not? If I do, what should I use.
Thanks for your input.

chim

Equipment
L4240HSTC with FEL, Ford 1210
Jan 19, 2013
Near Lancaster, PA, USA
I like to use a paste like Penetrox (NoAlox, CU/AL Aid, etc) normally used for making electrical connections with aluminum cable. It's available in any electrical supply house or Lowes, Home Depot.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
After I clean the new posts, cables and tighten everything down I'll put a big blob of vasoline. Takes just a little heat and it runs down over the terminal and leaves a nice coating.

I was watching American Restoration a few weeks back and one of Ricks tips was about protecting battery terminals. He said to use hair spray.

Stubbyie

Jul 1, 2010
Midcontinent
Clean both terminals. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water, like peanut butter thick, and slather both terminals. Let dry. Forget about it until end of season or next year. Washes off clean with hose and then replace it. Not nearly as sloppy as grease (especially if you ever use it to jump something else) and does a better job keeping corrosion under control.