Fluids for my new to me B21

way2coolmotorsports

Equipment
B21-BT751-TL421
Apr 16, 2014
Highland Mills, N.Y.
:confused:Do i have to use OEM fluids and filters for my B21. If not where is a good place to find them,and what would be the part numbers for these products.
Will need to do my 600 hour service within the next week or so.
I live in Orange County N.Y.

Thanks in advance, Jim

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Jim,

the real truth is that you dont have to do anything you dont want to! ;)Remember the old commercial, pay me now or pay me later?

Engine oil? Find the best synthetic diesel you can find, then use kubota filters. Lots of people can argue who what is better, some have points to be made. When my BX hits a few more hours, I am going with the SUDT, this is their best synthetic hydraulic oil.

If you spend $4 a quart for a good oil or $8 a quart for a much better oil, isnt that cheap insurance ?

Try this site, good folks to deal with

http://www.messicks.com/kubotatractorparts.aspx

DO NOT go to walmart and get a fram filter........blah blah.....

spend the $13 bucks and get the filter that KUBOTA said to use. OR order one that is the same as theirs.

Put it another way, you need a blood transfusion, you want to get it from an run of the mill street walker or do you want to pay MORE to get what you need and something that will keep you up and running? :D

again - pay me now, or pay later.....the later is always a lot MORE!:eek:

rentthis

Lifetime Member
May 30, 2012
summerville,sc
I agree that best is better. However, I buy oil and filters for something seemingly on a daily basis. I call NAPA and have them cross reference the filters and buy a good brand of 30w oil. They also have a decent brand of tractor hydraulic oil. All of these oils are branded for Kubota by probably one of NAPA's suppliers. After 23 years and over 100 Kubota machines, I have never had an oil related failure. That said, if you are using far less of this sort of thing, the difference in price for OEM filters and fluids is worth the peace of mind.

Bulldog

Equipment
M 9000 DTC, L 3000 DT
Mar 30, 2010
Rocky Face, Georgia
It's not that cheap oil and filters don't work, it's how much better it works when high quality lubricants and filters are used.