B6200d PTO

Trinidaddave

Equipment
B6200d tractor/loader
Feb 19, 2013
Grass valley ca.
I recently connected 48" mower. Everything works well, but I noticed a clicking noise after mowing as the PTO comes to a stop. I can on assume this clicking noise is present as I am mowing. Anyone have an idea what I might be hearing and what damage I may doing to the PTO.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Most likely your hearing the over-run clicking...
With the tractor off engage the PTO grab ahold of the PTO shaft and turn backwards... is that the same clicking sound you hear?
It's a safety built into the system, so normal to hear it. ;)

Trinidaddave

Equipment
B6200d tractor/loader
Feb 19, 2013
Grass valley ca.
Thanks Wolfman, I tried to turn the shaft in reverse, but it does not turn. It seems to hit a stop. I will just keep an eye on to see if it gets worse.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
I just took a second look just to make sure I wasn't steering you down a wrong path.
Yes yours does have a one way clutch, it is spring loaded and might be a little hard to get it to release by hand, but I'm pretty sure that's the sound your hearing, it's common to only hear it with the mowers as the spinning speed needs a needs a little time to go away, you probably wouldn't hear it with a tiller, posthole digger or a snowblower on the PTO. ;)

Part in yellow is the one way clutch:
B6200 One way clutch.JPG

Trinidaddave

Equipment
B6200d tractor/loader
Feb 19, 2013
Grass valley ca.
Thanks again Wolfman, it does take some time for the mower to come to a complete stop. I do monitor this site often since there is a wealth of knowledgeable people providing support to orange tractor owners.