Tiller recommendations for BX1860

TerraGatorguy

Equipment
BX1860
Oct 19, 2014
Minnesota
Looking for advice on 3 pt tiller options, reverse tine is the route I think I want to take. Width is the question, wheels are a shade over 43", would like a 50", but does the BX1860 have enough ponies? Any experience or advice on a good tiller?

Also has anyone put a synthetic hyd oil in other than Kubota branded fluids?

Pepsiboy

Equipment
BX2350D, FEL, MMM, Rear tiller
Oct 3, 2014
Shell Knob, Mo
Terra Gator Guy,
I have a BX2350 with a 40" rear tiller. I have NO PROBLEMS turning ground as deep as 8" with engine running at 2,000 rpm. Here in this part of Missouri we have a LOT of clay and ROCKS in the ground. After about 3 passes it is ready for garden planting. I have had it turn up rocks as big as your head with very little trouble. It bounces a couple times, then spits the rock pout the back. In 5 years using it, I have only broken the shear pin 4 times on rocks. I don't think YOU will have any trouble with the lower hp tractor. I would suggest the 40" or maybe a 48" tiller. When you get into the 60", it will really max out your power. You could run at a higher rpm, but I don't think it would really be needed.

Dave

TerraGatorguy

Equipment
BX1860
Oct 19, 2014
Minnesota
Looking for advice on 3 pt tiller options, reverse tine is the route I think I want to take. Width is the question, wheels are a shade over 43", would like a 50", but does the BX1860 have enough ponies? Any experience or advice on a good tiller?

Also has anyone put a synthetic hyd oil in other than Kubota branded fluids?
Any recommendations for a specicific brand of tiller?

nedobs

Equipment
bx1860
Oct 4, 2014
wharton,ohio
I have a 5 foot yamar tiller on my 1860 and it works great have to go slow in new sod but after that tills up nice with no problems does a fine job !!!
Terra Gator Guy,
I have a BX2350 with a 40" rear tiller. I have NO PROBLEMS turning ground as deep as 8" with engine running at 2,000 rpm. Here in this part of Missouri we have a LOT of clay and ROCKS in the ground. After about 3 passes it is ready for garden planting. I have had it turn up rocks as big as your head with very little trouble. It bounces a couple times, then spits the rock pout the back. In 5 years using it, I have only broken the shear pin 4 times on rocks. I don't think YOU will have any trouble with the lower hp tractor. I would suggest the 40" or maybe a 48" tiller. When you get into the 60", it will really max out your power. You could run at a higher rpm, but I don't think it would really be needed.

Dave