Looking for a used box scraper

JustJeff

Equipment
Kubota BX 2350
Hey guys. I'm looking for a used box blade. I think I'd prefer a 48" if possible. It would be going on a BX 2350, so I think 48" would probably be best, correct? I know some people go with the 60", but with one that wide, I would have to set it more shallow than a 48" due to my tractor's smaller size, correct? Anyway, I'm open to suggestions as well. Just looking for something decent without having to pay 600.00 or so. If you've got something and not within driving distance to me I'm willing to pay for shipping as well, but I'd prefer to be able to just drive to pick it up. Thanks for anything you guys have to offer. I appreciate it.

user4211

Mar 23, 2016
Crawfordsville,In
48" would be the best overall solution for you. I have used a 60" on my BX2370 and it will barely pull it full of loose gravel. I have an FEL and filled rears. But for getting out of the drive and ripping up and moving dirt, I don't think you'd be disappointed with a 48". Except that it is harder to find them used for a good price.

2006 rtv900 6250hrs, 2015 bx2370-1 110hrs

LDowney

Equipment
Kubota MX6000
Hey guys. I'm looking for a used box blade. I think I'd prefer a 48" if possible. It would be going on a BX 2350, so I think 48" would probably be best, correct? I know some people go with the 60", but with one that wide, I would have to set it more shallow than a 48" due to my tractor's smaller size, correct? Anyway, I'm open to suggestions as well. Just looking for something decent without having to pay 600.00 or so. If you've got something and not within driving distance to me I'm willing to pay for shipping as well, but I'd prefer to be able to just drive to pick it up. Thanks for anything you guys have to offer. I appreciate it.
Have you checked Craigslist? There are always plenty of box blades on craigslist local to you. I bought a nearly brand new 6' King Cutter box blade that was used 1 time for $450. I would think if you're looking for a 48", it would be much less than that. In my area right now, there are 9 box blades on craigslist.

Good luck.

SLIMSHADIE

Equipment
Kubota BX25D
Apr 10, 2013
Eureka,IL
Jeff 48" is correct. In 2013 I bought my Landpride Boxblade bb1248 from Kubota dealer for $500 new plus tax. Its heavy duty for me and filled has stopped my Bx25 in its tracks, its equal to a Bx2370.