What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

69 SS

Equipment
2015 L3901 HST,with Canopy,LA 525 FEL with SSQA bucket
Sep 26, 2015
Ft. Inn sc
Yesterday and today 16.1 hours on my 2015 L3901 bushhoging and plowing food plots,most seat time ever, all at 2500 RPM,filled up before start and on the way home,7.9 gals diesel. Looks like .5 gal/ hour . Pretty good , 5 ft Harde bushhog, 5 shank scarifier, 90 degrees and really humid here in SC. My 60 yr old body took a beating. My lifelong friend ran his Long 300 tractor , 20 disc harrows,as much as me , nobody else from the hunt club showed up to work, 1 guy did show up but his electric golf court ran out of juice and he had to walk about mile and half to get back to his truck. Doesn't get any better than this weekend ,hanging out with my lifelong friend,running tractors,wifey not mad. I thank God often for the both of them. Had 1 trailer tire blow out,put on spare which required a can of fix a flat and 2 stops for air 120 mile round trip. Safe at home ,wash "Big Orange" tomorrow ,named in honor after my 22 lb Maine Coon cat. Wifey says I have to take a shower and get ready for bed. Good luck to all on your projects.

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
'15 B3350, LA534A Loader, Land Pride RTA1258 Tiller, BH77 Backhoe, Forks
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
After torturing me with several days of heavy rain storms, I was finally able to do a real job with the new backhoe. We dug out a dead tree that was leaning out over the creek, right where I want to put a little road to get to the other side. It sure was the best therapy a girl can have on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.

Attachments

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Been installing a lot of drainage lately. Over 300ft of pipe tieng in basement and down spouts.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Nice job, hard to believe the work those small machines will do. I showed the wife but she just doesn't seem to understand why I need one.

Flienlow

Equipment
Kubota BX25D, Kubota U25 mini EX, SVL75,Landpride Grapple,Landpride grading scra
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
Nice job, hard to believe the work those small machines will do. I showed the wife but she just doesn't seem to understand why I need one.
Are you referring the tractor or Excavator?
As far as the Excavator is concerned...I really like my BX25, but I LOVE that Excavator. 300' of ditch with the BX would have been Miles above better than doing it with a shovel, but it isn't in the same League as the Excavator. I have only done 1 paying job with it and made $500, but It has saved me an estimated 30k already from just my projects alone, and has only really cost me $2000 or so to own. I am amazed at how much Diesel it uses compared to the BX, to be honest they are totally different machine to fairly compare. It is the Goldielocks of the Minis for me. a U-17 would be too small, and 35 would be nice, but too big for my stuff. I know I sound like a broken record, but Damn I love that thing. No joke. (now have the wife read this.) :)

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Are you referring the tractor or Excavator?
As far as the Excavator is concerned...I really like my BX25, but I LOVE that Excavator. 300' of ditch with the BX would have been Miles above better than doing it with a shovel, but it isn't in the same League as the Excavator. I have only done 1 paying job with it and made $500, but It has saved me an estimated 30k already from just my projects alone, and has only really cost me $2000 or so to own. I am amazed at how much Diesel it uses compared to the BX, to be honest they are totally different machine to fairly compare. It is the Goldielocks of the Minis for me. a U-17 would be too small, and 35 would be nice, but too big for my stuff. I know I sound like a broken record, but Damn I love that thing. No joke. (now have the wife read this.) :)
I was talking about the excavator but I would take a backhoe of any kind right now. Wife won't even come over to read, she knows it's a trap.

Flienlow

Equipment
Mar 9, 2015
snohomish
I was talking about the excavator but I would take a backhoe of any kind right now. Wife won't even come over to read, she knows it's a trap.
Sounds like you need to buy her a shovel! :D

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Show her my post. Girls love tractors (and backhoes) too! Don't know where I'd be without mine. She'd be really surprised how much you could do for her. Like maybe put a fish pond in your yard with a nice waterfall ;)

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Today we dug out a tree stump with the new backhoe. It was wet down there and I still have a bucket full of mud that I couldn't get out. I was going to take pictures, but I had to get ready for a meeting and was literally out of time. Tomorrow I'll do better.

Ayespye

Equipment
MX-5800, FEL, LP grappler, brush hog, box blade, ETA6900HD post hole digger
Aug 10, 2017
Waverly, GA
Brought home my new MX5800, complete with FEL and grapple. Going to put her to work this weekend and can't wait. :) Need to clear a lot of palmetto bushes and downed limbs.

Attachments

geoff

Equipment
b2410 tractor, FM90 topper,RS1200 cultivator,bearcat 4 inch chipper,b1610.
Jul 7, 2017
essex uk.
I had to cut and fit two shear pin prop shaft, as I have a new to me flail mower, rotavator, and wood chipper.then grease them all up and change gearbox oils in the rotavator and flail.
I shall be completing the chipper in the morning, then out for a shake down test on the rotavator.

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Show her my post. Girls love tractors (and backhoes) too! Don't know where I'd be without mine. She'd be really surprised how much you could do for her. Like maybe put a fish pond in your yard with a nice waterfall ;)
Thanks Sharryn but I think her mind is made up for now, doesn't mean I'm gonna stop trying.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I just spent 2 hours running up and down the drive way with the back blade,,, man there is gravel there I forgot all about

twomany

Equipment
B7200
Jul 10, 2017
Vermont
Moved ten loads of silt out of the dry vernal pool out back to add some top soil where I would like to see grass grow over a gravel slope.

With a load in the pond scoop, the front wheels of the B7200 barely kissed the earth on the loaded run. I stopped after the third run to fit the two suitcase weights I have to the front pad.

That made a big difference, but a good fill of the scoop still had the front wheels flapping in the breeze!

Whee! Haa! It's rodeo time!

Sharryn

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Aug 31, 2015
Alexandria, PA USA
Finished digging a ramp into the bank across the creek so I could get the B3350 across to clean it up. Been a long time since I was over there.