Drill Pump

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
I am wanting to load the rear tires on my BX2370-1. I am going to have to purchase a valve and pump to do this. I want to get away with the least $$ out of pocket. Any recommendations on a low cost pump? Does a drill pump have enough ummp?

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
You're out if farming country. Anyone have a 15 gal tank with electric pump used for spraying weeds/or anything else? They work perfect, big lid you can turn the gal. bottles upside down easily.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Ya got a 2 gallon sprayer? Take the sprayer end off the hose and use a needle valve like for filling up foot balls, put that in the end where you took the spray nozzle off,, JACK UP the tractor, take all the weight off the tire pull the tire valve ,,let all the air out,,,
then turn the tire so the valve is at 12 O:clock and put the needle valve in the hole...
pump in what ever your filling with,,,
when it starts to come out its filled,,
dont forget to let the air out as your filling, cause the fluid will displace the remaining air in the tire,,,,
NOW when it spits back "about 6 gallons if I remember right",,,
put the valve stem back in the tire,,
and pump up to the required pressure,,
put the valve cap back on and go do the other tire
Yes it is a redneck way of doing it, but its cheap and easy and time well spent learning about your tractor,,,
And a nice time to admire your work and enjoy an adult beverage to 3 :D

Bmbbm

Equipment
Bx2370 land pride box blade 60"mmm kubota fel
May 29, 2016
Chillicothe mo
Thanks for the suggestions guys. If I think long enough I probably think of someone that has a electric tank sprayer I can borrow. If not sounds like skeets "redneck" method would work for me. I have a 5 gallon backpack sprayer and can always find a few adult beverages!

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
Thanks for the suggestions guys. If I think long enough I probably think of someone that has a electric tank sprayer I can borrow. If not sounds like skeets "redneck" method would work for me. I have a 5 gallon backpack sprayer and can always find a few adult beverages!
I used an old "pond" pump - one of those 20 buck items that you drop in the little gold fish pond outside and it pushes water through the filters. True - it does not pump a lot of gallons per minute....but it did the job well enough.;):)

something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/800GPH-Subme...UTF8&qid=1503008963&sr=8-9&keywords=pond+pump

Last edited:

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
go to Youtube. Lots of DIY suggestions on this topic there. Also think there is links to this same discussion/different thread in the ULTIMATE README at the top of this forum.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Because you have to burp the tire, water takes the place of the in side area, like filling a glass of water. But the top is open so air escapes, however in a tire there is no place for the air to go but back out the valve stem. Once the internal and exterior pressures are equal all movement stops.. hence ya gota burp the little buggers. Now onthe store bought adapters they have a bleed off so the air is bleed out as the water goes in, no need to burp. But if you just pop a hose on the end and ues a 5 gallon bucket it will work for a bit untill it stops then ya got burp, over and over

eipo

Equipment
L4060
Dec 1, 2015
MI
A drill pump will work, but not long. I didn't get through 1 tire before the seals were shot and it was leaking all over the place. It was ruined by the end of the second tire. I was pumping polypropylene glycol, though. A little thicker than straight water.

I ended up buying a small utility pump and the fitting specifically used for loading tires. Both were shelf items at the local TSC.

tech54K

Sep 27, 2017
Los Angeles, California
Ya got a 2 gallon sprayer? Take the sprayer end off the hose and use a needle valve like for filling up foot balls, put that in the end where you took the spray nozzle off,, JACK UP the tractor, take all the weight off the tire pull the tire valve ,,let all the air out,,,
then turn the tire so the valve is at 12 O:clock and put the needle valve in the hole...
pump in what ever your filling with,,,
when it starts to come out its filled,,
dont forget to let the air out as your filling, cause the fluid will displace the remaining air in the tire,,,,
NOW when it spits back "about 6 gallons if I remember right",,,
put the valve stem back in the tire,,
and pump up to the required pressure,,
put the valve cap back on and go do the other tire
Yes it is a redneck way of doing it, but its cheap and easy and time well spent learning about your tractor,,,
And a nice time to admire your work and enjoy an adult beverage to 3 :D
well said, you got it right

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Because you have to burp the tire, water takes the place of the in side area, like filling a glass of water. But the top is open so air escapes, however in a tire there is no place for the air to go but back out the valve stem. Once the internal and exterior pressures are equal all movement stops.. hence ya gota burp the little buggers. Now onthe store bought adapters they have a bleed off so the air is bleed out as the water goes in, no need to burp. But if you just pop a hose on the end and ues a 5 gallon bucket it will work for a bit untill it stops then ya got burp, over and over
That's what I did skeets, I had work to do in the garage anyway so every once in a while I'd just hold the bucket below the stem and let it burp, really didn't take that long.

Tubeman

Equipment
Bx 1860 loader mower
Jul 7, 2017
Slatington pa.usa
Got drill pump and tire hook up from Amazon for under 20 dollars pump worked great did 2 tires no problem washer fluid run the drill slow pump will last a long time did not take long to fill