Daytona 500

bcbull378

Equipment
GL3830,fel,brush hog,pallet forks,disc,gannon,auger,springtooth,plow,drag,ripper
Sep 6, 2011
Ventura Ca
Spending my Birthday ( 62nd ) watching the Daytona 500 , pulling for Dale Jr #88 . Who else is watching and who's your driver?

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
This is the first one I've watched in years. What's the deal with breaking the race up into stages?

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
WTF it this we white flag and yellow flag after 60 laps and give everybody points ? More of this liberal agenda, nobody left behind,, That is crap,,, ya run what ya brung, brake or hit the wall oh well see ya next race
Modify message

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
WTF it this we white flag and yellow flag after 60 laps and give everybody points ? More of this liberal agenda, nobody left behind,, That is crap,,, ya run what ya brung, brake or hit the wall oh well see ya next race
Modify message
I absolutely agree. Wife and I have been discussing the same thing. Was wondering when they changed it? I'm assuming this year?? :confused::confused:

85Hokie

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX-25D ,PTB. Under Armor, '90&'92-B7100HST's, '06 BX1850 FEL
Jul 13, 2013
Bedford - VA
I absolutely agree. Wife and I have been discussing the same thing. Was wondering when they changed it? I'm assuming this year?? :confused::confused:
yup - all those wonderful rules are in for this year......makes it more fun:p....

NASCAR fans are down 40% over the last year so I saw on the news.

I thought racing was about winning the race, they fckd it up a long time ago, last time I wanted to watch a race was back when Dale and Bill Elliott were running about 220 around Talladega !;)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
yup - all those wonderful rules are in for this year......makes it more fun:p....

NASCAR fans are down 40% over the last year so I saw on the news.

I thought racing was about winning the race, they fckd it up a long time ago, last time I wanted to watch a race was back when Dale and Bill Elliott were running about 220 around Talladega !;)
Back when I lived in Florida, I had a customer that used to hook us up with Pepsi 400 tickets the day before the 500. Used to have a ball. Well, ya know when they sissify something, they take all the fun out of it. ;)

Local track down there used to do figure 8 bus races and trailer races :D:D Now those were some fun times :cool::D:D

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
I didnt hear the 40% number,,but I know they are way down. Now to fix it make 2 races winner take all, unlimited motor as long as it is a factory motor with OEM casting numbers, suppression like could be ordered from the factory, any type tire as long as it is available to the public,safety crap in place of course, flat out racing, ya run what ya brung, go or blow, any body style as long as it is available to the public, no spliters, spoilers as from factory, and so on, if the company makes it you can run it. That would spice things up a bit and the pretty boys would have to drive. And maybe put their arses out in the dirt, yeah thats it lets see how the pretty boys handle dirt

olthumpa

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L275
May 25, 2011
Maine
I didnt hear the 40% number,,but I know they are way down. Now to fix it make 2 races winner take all, unlimited motor as long as it is a factory motor with OEM casting numbers, suppression like could be ordered from the factory, any type tire as long as it is available to the public,safety crap in place of course, flat out racing, ya run what ya brung, go or blow, any body style as long as it is available to the public, no spliters, spoilers as from factory, and so on, if the company makes it you can run it. That would spice things up a bit and the pretty boys would have to drive. And maybe put their arses out in the dirt, yeah thats it lets see how the pretty boys handle dirt
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :cool:

scdeerslayer

Equipment
MX5200DT
May 23, 2016
SC
I just looked up the new rules and I'm kind of glad I don't watch anymore with the new race format. As long as they have that and the chase I doubt I will watch anymore. Even before I quit watching I would DVR the race to skip all of the pre-race and caution BS they would show.

I do like the new repair rules though. I've always wondered why they would allow a car that's multiple laps down with parts falling off back onto the track.

I gotta agree with Danica that the new format was why there were so many wrecks on Sunday. Carl Edwards probably projected that and that's why he decided to retire.

OldeEnglish

Equipment
B7100D, MMM, B205 Dozer Blade, woods m48, b2910
Jul 13, 2014
Western, MA
I always preferred rally racing myself, it's real racing like skeets is saying. Jumps, dirt, mud, snow, fog, twists and turns.... I love it when they race in snow ripping around a corner sideways NASCAR is kinda boring to me but it's all in what ya like.

asgard

Equipment
B2301, 60 inch deck, 51inch blower
Oct 22, 2016
Ontario, Canada
I agree, NASCAR is not what it was, we went to the Daytona 500 in2010, visited race teams in North Carolina and went to the Nascar Hall of Fame in Charlotte, did the over the wall experience at Charlotte Motor Speedway. I would have said I was a fan.

Then came the team orders, drafting, phantom yellow flags 5 laps from the end for invisible debris.

I watched the first 70 laps and it was just a procession.

Can't say I would give the time up to watch a race live, the inane chatter, adverts and hero worship from the booth is too much.

lugbolt

Equipment
ZG127S-54
Oct 15, 2015
Mid, South, USA
Racing in general is boring to watch, at least to me. I'd just as soon show up in person. Specifically the drag races since the circle track stuff bores me to no end.

Locally, car and spectator counts are down. Some of it is the weather. Some of it is due to money or lack of it. Some of it is because the younger folks don't care to go watch or even participate cause they have no guts; they'd just as soon sit at the house and play their first person shoot-em-up-bang video games.

Daytona 500 was on TV locally. Just happened to be a Sunday, after church and a big lunch, so it make for a great nap. I think about 4 hours worth.

I aint rooting for any driver or team or brand. I know how the sanctioning bodies work. They'll get a hankerin' to favor X driver or X brand. If one is significantly faster than another, they change the rules to "make them more competitive". BS. Run what ya brung and take the dad gum restictor plates off. The drivers will know when they're getting too fast. As it is currently, you cant really pass on big tracks unless you have a "buddy" or two.

Last edited: