Am I crazy?

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Stopped over at Orange today. BX80 due April-ish. Factory cab is produced by Curtis. So Im assuming it wont be near as nice as the B2650 cab.

L2501 with loader, ssqa, R4s loaded and Curtis Hard Side, $26,750.

Contrast with Kioti CK2610, Comfort Kab $25,995.

Gonna see what Green wants for a 3032e and a Curtis Cab...

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
So I guess were going crazy here. Looking at a BX25D Thursday. Wife and I discussed it. She'd rather have the backhoe and mower over a larger frame and no other attachments.

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Ive already talked myself out of a BH. After I plant ~30 trees, it's usefulness would be gone. Ill just rent a mini Ex twice.
Just some friendly advice about planting trees in case you didn't know. I'm a Arborist by trade and its very common for people to plant trees too deep, especially (having fun) using a backhoe. If you buy a BB or potted tree there's a good chance it's already too deep in the container. Knock the dirt off the top of the ball and look for the first major root flare (not the graft union). The top of the root flare should be just above the ground. Usually by the time you find that root flare you've removed almost 1/2 of the root ball so you planting holes don't need to be very deep, but rather wider (about twice the width of the root ball).

You can refer to this link for more information: http://pnwisa.org/tree-care/adding-trees/planting/

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Just some friendly advice about planting trees in case you didn't know. I'm a Arborist by trade and its very common for people to plant trees too deep, especially (having fun) using a backhoe. If you buy a BB or potted tree there's a good chance it's already too deep in the container. Knock the dirt off the top of the ball and look for the first major root flare (not the graft union). The top of the root flare should be just above the ground. Usually by the time you find that root flare you've removed almost 1/2 of the root ball so you planting holes don't need to be very deep, but rather wider (about twice the width of the root ball).

You can refer to this link for more information: http://pnwisa.org/tree-care/adding-trees/planting/
Thank you for that. Ive planted 10 Norways from 6-8' in height. I knew about not going to deep, but I havent knocked any dirt off the top, just slit the burlap after a year. Im also going to be planting some Red Maples, Oaks and maybe Leyland Cypress to hide propane tanks.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
HIDE YOUR TANKS!!! Oh man have I got a deal for you,,, I will give you all the bamboo root stock you want and more.. wont cost you nuttin just dig them up,,,, Yeah I still aint killed all that crap off.. I know I know I know it was a bad move, but the OL had the green houses and a customer wanted some and didnt take it so we stuck it in behind the barn....bad move

KubotaVet

Equipment
1942 9N, B2650/Cab
Jan 16, 2017
Northern Minnesota
Thank you for that. Ive planted 10 Norways from 6-8' in height. I knew about not going to deep, but I havent knocked any dirt off the top, just slit the burlap after a year. Im also going to be planting some Red Maples, Oaks and maybe Leyland Cypress to hide propane tanks.
No problem at all! It sounded like you have lots of trees to plant and I just thought I should mention it. Trees aren't cheap and getting them planted correctly really helps them grow vigorously to fill in around your property. Enjoy your new tractor and trees :D

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
Yeah I told the wife Id be planting 30 or more out front (south ) and she acted like I was nuts. We have no cover for almost 1/3 of a mile from the south. South wind hits front door at 40 mph if Mother Nature is upset.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Our place has a lot of trees (10,000 aproxx), and most are old growth trees too, Ponderosa pine, Tamarack (Western Larch), White pine, lodge pole pine (jack pine), Douglas fir, Cedar, Birch, Aspen (Poplar), Cottonwood, and a host of others, they really help in cutting down wind and give a lot of summer shade.
Right now we are stratifying about 4000 seeds right now and will have them in egg crates growing in about a month, Japanese Maples, Scarlet Maples, Carolina Maples, European larch, Tamarack (Western Larch), Weeping larch, White Pine, Noble Fir, Douglas Fir, White Spruce, and Colorado Blue Spruce.

MadMax31

Equipment
BX23S, 60" MMM
Nov 5, 2014
New York
One thing I don't like about my B7610, is the mmm. I almost bought a 72" RFM for it.

In picking options for my ( almost 100% sure Im getting one ) BX25D, Im debating the MMM pretty hard. I hate it currently, so why would I like it on a different machine? One quote I got says it's $1900. I don't remember what a Landpride RFM was going for?

If Im bush hogging ( maybe an acre total ) then Im bolting on a skid plate. Skid plates aren't conducive to running a MMM.

Anybody run a RFM on their BX? 60" should be fine.