B7000, it's alive! Everything works but bucket drifts down, HELP!

RetroRob

Equipment
B7000
May 24, 2018
Pasco, WA
Bought a B7000 from a guy that said hadn't run in years. I put a new radiator, hoses, belt, tensioner pulley bearing, rebuilt the rusted out rims, new tires, changed hyd. fluid, cleaned hyd. filter. Runs great and all hydraulics are working. The tilt/dump option of the bucket is my last fix. I can move it through it's range, scoop through dump. If left in the full up (scooped) position, once I let go of the lever it will slowly drift to dump. I see no leaks and hyd. fluid is full. All.other hyd. features work properly. Need some help on what to check to get the bucket working properly. Thanks!

Attachments

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
It most likely has a blown seal internally, fluid just bypasses the seal thus allowing it to move on it's own.

If you want to make sure the problem is in the ram, swap the 2 lift lines for the 2 dump lines.
If it has the same issue then it's 100% in the cylinder and not the valve.

If when you swap lines, dump works but lift falls then it's the spool valve, and your only option is to replace the spool valve, as there will be no rebuild fix of that issue in a spool valve.

RetroRob

Equipment
B7000
May 24, 2018
Pasco, WA
Got around to switching hoses. Still drifts down. Gonna pull the hydraulic cylinder and take it into the hydro shop and see if it can be rebuilt.

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
RetroRob, you probably have what is required to rebuild the cylinders. (Look at all the work you've already done!) You can get the rebuild kit from a local hyd. repair shop and do the work yourself and save to labor, learn how it's done, and not have to wait for them!

As an example, I needed to rebuild two cylinders on a skid steer. BobCat wanted about $40 for each kit. I went to the local hyd repair and bought them for $11 each.

RetroRob

Equipment
B7000
May 24, 2018
Pasco, WA
I took your advice and pulled the cylinder apart. I ran the innards in to the hydraulic shop. I left the parts they needed to order seals. They tell me today they are metric seals and they are having trouble finding them. Are they that special?

Last edited:

D2Cat

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L305DT, B7100HST, TG1860, TG1860D, L4240
Mar 27, 2014
40 miles south of Kansas City
Perhaps try another hyd. shop. The one I go to doesn't blink when something is metric, they just proceed. My worse case scenario is wait a day and they have it.

Might ask them what they've done in the past when they come up with something metric. If they don't have a good answer (like their supplier closed!) I'd find someone else.

Be aware things are not as they use to be in the supplier world. I was at the local NAPA to buy a 3/4" x 25" hydraulic hose and they did not have the (very common) fitting.

Metric components should not be a challenge for a hyd. repair facilities!

Last edited:

RetroRob

Equipment
B7000
May 24, 2018
Pasco, WA
That was my plan. When dropped Monday they said parts would be here today. I called at 11 to be told haven't found them yet. Heard nothing by close of business today. Will call at noon tomorrow, otherwise will pick up my parts at try somewhere else. Place I used is highly recommended in the farm community but stumped by my little Kubota.

Last edited:

billrigsby

Equipment
L1500DT Too many implements, or is there such a thing?
Mar 17, 2015
Florissant CO USA 8213'
www.facebook.com