Dry liner removal and installation in a Z750 eng L175????????

aquaforce

Equipment
L245DT FEL, JD450 Track loader, 5' scrape blade&mower, 5x10 trailer, Dump truck
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I got the fan today so maybe this weekend I will fire it off, ..............if I can. I have been sick all week and the engine blew up in my Buick so I haven't gotten anything done except find an engine and sleep.

Now the whole house is sick............ I've never seen an infant throw-up before. I'm the oldest of 8 kids and I have seen a lot but this is a first for me and unfortunately it is my child. :(:(:( The poor thing is miserable. :(

uncle jed

Equipment
1990 f2100
Oct 25, 2009
hillsboro,tx. 76645
Hello, Aqua. I have been reading your posts and it's very interesting. Keep up the good work, and I hope your child gets better soon. Best of luck, uncle jed.

Kytim

Equipment
B6000DT, B7100DT,Snowplow, RM360, Scoop, Cultivator, Carryall,Disk, plow
Aug 14, 2009
Western Ky
Aqua;
you might these folks a try on a replacement hood. I have seen pics of many hoods stacked up ready for someone to scoop up for a resto. they are western ky tractor parts. A tractor salvage yard specializing in Japanese tractors and other imports. won't hurt to give them a call. I have ***no*** stake in their business other than wanting them to succeed so we all have available used parts.
http://www.wkytp.com/
Oh BTW, thanks for the diary of you build. I have really enjoyed your labor and efforts. Not to mention the ideas you got me to thinking on too!

Hope everyone, especially the little one recoups quickly. theres nothing that makes you feel more helpless than when a little one is sick.

thanks, tim

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Aqua;
A tractor salvage yard specializing in Japanese tractors and other imports. won't hurt to give them a call. I have ***no*** stake in their business other than wanting them to succeed so we all have available used parts.
http://www.wkytp.com/
Oh BTW, thanks for the diary of you build. I have really enjoyed your labor and efforts. Not to mention the ideas you got me to thinking on too!

thanks, tim

Thanks for the info and post. :D
I don't remember which thread it was on but I did contact that wkytp site for some more parts after seeing your post. They have responded and I'm waiting for some pics of a part.

There were a bunch of other places I checked for parts but I didn't find much of what I needed. :(

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I hope this thread can be helpful to others. This is the first time I've gotten into a tractor engine so it was a learning curve for me too. There are always new ways that a mfgr uses a mechanical concept a little different than another mfgr. Those differences or variations of a concept that has been around for years is where the schooling comes in.:D:D:)

Thanks to all for the comments and compliments and I'm glad others can get some good out of this info.

Thanks for the well wishes for my little one.:D:D:D I would be less stressed if she could talk and tell me what she needs sometimes. :D

HeyDoc

Equipment
B 7510
Oct 18, 2009
Conn.
OUTSTANDING, AquaForce! Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated on your project. And best of luck with the sick kids, this flu is really widespread, most are recovering in 3-4 days.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
OUTSTANDING, AquaForce! Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated on your project. And best of luck with the sick kids, this flu is really widespread, most are recovering in 3-4 days.

Thanks Doc, and welcome to the forum. :D:D

chip

Equipment
B6000
Oct 28, 2009
Danbury, Ct USA
I was talking to a kubota machanic and he said he keeps the block at room temperature and puts dry ice in the cylinders and the sleeves pop right out.

royboy42

Equipment
L something or nother
Sep 8, 2009
macon ga
Awesome write up! Now i know where to take mine. :eek::D

What was the thought behind the temp gauge? Which, by the way is a top notch job on adding it to the cluster.

Was it purely as a back up indicator or is the whistle hard to hear?

I've thought about fabing up something to take the place of the fuse box also. :confused: Just haven't studied it enough.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Awesome write up! Now i know where to take mine. :eek::D

What was the thought behind the temp gauge? Which, by the way is a top notch job on adding it to the cluster.

Was it purely as a back up indicator or is the whistle hard to hear?
/
Thanks royboy. I guess your not far down the road from me.

The use of the tractor, where I believe the last straw hurt the head was a hay ride and never in the entire ride did I hear anything and my radiator was full. Since it was full, a temp guage would have told me something because the sensor would have coolant on it.
Also the screamer is only designed to work with water and antifreeze won't help it to work right so the guage can tell me what I need to know.

I plan to keep antifreeze in it so I can use the tractor year round so the temp guage can help me figure out this water only system with different liquids and their temp ranges. If I run a circulation pump then the sensor for the temp guage will also feed a controller for the circ pump to cycle.

Last edited:

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
I was talking to a kubota machanic and he said he keeps the block at room temperature and puts dry ice in the cylinders and the sleeves pop right out.

How long would the dry ice have to set there for this to happen?

A machinist discouraged me from using a thermal approach.:confused:

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Well when it rains it pours..........we got over the illnesses and now this....:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I got this 2000 Buick Ultra from my dad and it spun #4 rod bearing on the way to the Dr, office.:mad:

Tractor is put on back burner till I can get moma's car going again. :mad::mad:

This engine only had 117K miles and dad was the only owner. He kept the maintenance up pretty well too.
Since metal has run through the oil I am just going to get a whole new (junk yard) engine and replace it.

And I even got another hood for the tractor but can't work on it yet. What a bummer.

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
I know how you feel aquaforce.My summer was just about like that, but it was all my own stuff, brakes on the one ton come 10 ton GMC, then the rad, then brakes on the f150, then the gas tank, then the issue with the rockers on the kubota. Mind you everything I own is old and I like it that way, even if I do whine every once in a while. Anyway good luck and thats not a bad lookin hood.:D Dusty

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Anyway good luck and thats not a bad lookin hood.:D Dusty
Yea I complain sometimes but it's all good.:D

This hood is a cool upgrade too. It is straight for one but also it has a door for the radiator cap where my old bent up hood did not. I'm guessing it is off a latter model L175 than what I have but I like the new feature. :D

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Update :D

I finally fired her up. Purged the injector lines and it popped off like it had never been apart. NICE!

The guage worked very well. I could watch the engine temp move up and down. Perfect!!! I really like how well this temp guage works. Makes me feel much better about running the engine hard now because I can see what is going on with the engine temps.

After running it for about 10 min I had to shut it down. I did not use sealer on the gasket for the cylinder head cover (water neck) and it was leaking as pressure built up. Also the threads on the exhaust were leaking water so they are now sealed up with #2 sealer.
I am still waiting on a gasket for the cover and we will get it back together with SEALER this time. :(

If anyone was to remove this water neck/head cover on this L175 the fan mount that is cast into the front cover is in the way. Simply notch the lower portion of the casting for clearance of the bolts and the cover can be removed without removing the head or engine front cover.
I used a carbide bit (burr bit) that was pointed, some call it a tree shape, and it only took a few moments after the radiator was out of the way to make these small notches and get the bolts out of the cover and remove it.

My father in law is back from Russia so he is sanding the new hood down to a perfectly smooth surface. When we get this hood in color this tractor will look like a new mint. :D Very nice.

I am pleased to have this running again. It feels and sounds great.

Attachments

handyman

Equipment
Kubota B7100HST-E
Sep 18, 2009
Dayton,Tn.
Aquaforce thanks for update. YOU GOT TO BE PROUD THAT LOOKS GOOOOD. :DIts also nice to have your father in law there helping also.

aquaforce

Equipment
Apr 22, 2009
Stockbridge, Ga. USA
Aquaforce thanks for update. YOU GOT TO BE PROUD THAT LOOKS GOOOOD. :DIts also nice to have your father in law there helping also.
Thanks.
Yes it is nice to have his help. He is getting more detailed with the paint work than I was thinking, so I'm sure it will look great when he is done prepping. I sure could have used him while I was building this Buick back but that was while they were still over the pond.
I did get this Buick running like a scalded dog! Very nice power and it passed our emissions test very well. That held up the tractor but now it is done and soon the tractor will be completed and next the boat. :D :D :D :D

Attachments

dusty-t

Feb 17, 2009
Mountforest Ontario
Hey Aquaforce. Good to see that things are coming together. Your girl is better and that is the most important thing. The learning curve on the child is much steeper than on the Buick or the Kubota. As you say (Its all good) another one of my sons favourite expressions. Nice job on the Buick, I would never have gotten everything that neat and clean looking. Kubota too, really like the temp guage, can't wait to see it finished.:D Dusty