What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

nbryan

Equipment
B2650 BH77 LA534 54" ssqa Forks B2782B BB1560 Woods M5-4 MaxxHaul 50039
Jan 3, 2019
Hadashville, Manitoba, Canada
First really nice day in months yesterday so we got the "fleet" running and my 8yr. old grandson drove them all around except for the Kubota. He was a little shy about that? I don't know why - he was pushing a pallet of slate with the excavator the day before. He'll be mowing grass this summer so maybe I can ease him into it. He used to ride with me all the time when he was little, but he's a bit big for that now - :LOL:

The smallest one on the left. Make, model, year? She a beaut!

River19

Equipment
B2601, RB1560, BB1260 and BX2830 blower
Sep 10, 2020
NH/VT NEK
It will be a nice improvement over man handling it out of the way! Like the old Wheel Horse.,
No doubt.....I figure I can offload the blower in the garage onto the dolly and wheel it to its summer resting place......that is the one implement I don't want outside all summer if I can avoid it with the hydraulic hoses and electrical connection......why add exposure when you don't have to.

The Wheel Horse......thanks. My father bought it used in 1985 when I was 10, it is the same age I am (1975) and I fixed it up a bit over the COVID pandemic and it runs like a top still with the 16hp Kohler, hydraulics and hydrostatic transmission......amazingly well built and still alive and kicking 45 years later.

Mike9

Equipment
Kubota B6200
Oct 9, 2015
Ghent, NY
@nbryan - That is a mid 60s Speedex. It's a really cool tractor and it came with a snow plow, discs, moldboard plow, etc. It sat idle for 30+ years and was a lawn ornament the past few. We got it freed up and gave it to a guy we know who redid the ignition and now it runs like a top. Gotta put some Liquitube in the tires as they have some dry rot. I found the chains for the rears too.

Reactions: 1 user

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Just playin' out at the range...

KX033 playing.JPG

Reactions: 4 users

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
lol what’s getting dug here??
Ha, nuttin (that I would put in writing anyway) ;). Free fill dirt that the twp dropped off for me. Will use it to expand the "range" so we don't have to stand in the mud. :)

• Haha

ctfjr

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800HST
Dec 7, 2009
central ct
Did some more wood chipping with the WC68 today. Then had to get serious :)
I have a load of shrubbery coming and as soon as call before you dig finishes marking the area I have to start drilling holes with the PHD. So took it down from the chain fall I have under the deck and mounted it on the tractor. I haven't done anything to it since I bought it off Craigslist months ago.
Took it into my work garage (as defined by that's where the tools are). There I took off the 6" flight, topped up the gear oil (not very low), thoroughly greased the pto shaft connectors and the 2 piece shaft.

It's a push in pto connector :(
Tomorrow I'm going to connect it. Probably a lay on the ground job, feh. Then connect the 12" flight and see how much damage we can do!

pd15 preparing.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

awesome

Equipment
B2601, BH70, K54-22-06B
Sep 16, 2018
ottawa
It was dead center of one of my rear tire tracks. Talk about making your heart jump into your throat .... I just knew I was about to see tire ballast spraying everywhere. Couldn't find a mark on the tires, though, so apparently the ground was soft enough it let this go into the ground instead of my tire.

I keep saying, there's no guessing what will be found in my yard, and so much of it very dangerous for tractor tires. Working with a tractor in my yard isn't much less stressful than driving in Atlanta rush hour traffic.
Haha wow. Well I have to raise you up with this:
20201206_113303.jpg

Found this on my rear tire the other day.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users

OrangeKrush

Equipment
BX2680, LA344 with Piranha tooth bar, LP PF 1242, LP Rear Blade, KK 60" BB
Nov 15, 2020
Indy
No doubt.....I figure I can offload the blower in the garage onto the dolly and wheel it to its summer resting place......that is the one implement I don't want outside all summer if I can avoid it with the hydraulic hoses and electrical connection......why add exposure when you don't have to.

The Wheel Horse......thanks. My father bought it used in 1985 when I was 10, it is the same age I am (1975) and I fixed it up a bit over the COVID pandemic and it runs like a top still with the 16hp Kohler, hydraulics and hydrostatic transmission......amazingly well built and still alive and kicking 45 years later.
That’s cool.. it has history and definitely something to hang on to. I’ve always liked the old wheel horse tractors, just something about them.

S-G-R

Lifetime Member

Equipment
LX3310, LA535, rear remotes, third function, R14's
Jun 17, 2020
PEI Canada
Used my forks to unload my root rake/grapple that finally came after 13 weeks. It was pouring rain so I will add the hydraulic fittings to the third function tomorrow and try it out.
20210326_180300.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

fruitcakesa

Equipment
M 6040
Oct 26, 2010
Cavendish Vermont
Took advantage of the Kubota $10 off a pail and bought 3 pails, 2 hydro filters and an oil filter so I am ready for the next full hydro service.
Still too muddy to use the tractor at all.

DustyRusty

Equipment
2020 BX23S, BX2822 Snowblower, Curtis Deluxe Cab,
Nov 8, 2015
North East CT
Gave the old BX22 a bath, cleaned up all the "accessory" items that belong to that tractor, and if the sun is out, I hope to have it listed for sale on Craigslist and Facebook Market Place. Hope to find a buyer quickly, since I want to buy something else with that tractor money.

bx tractorjoe

Equipment
kubota l2501 upgraded from a bx23s john deere 670 husquarvana huv 4421 gxp
Jun 3, 2020
loxahatchee flordia
Cleaned up and blew out all the stuff on the bx2200 I just got.. radiator had a few good clumps at the bottom and sandy dirt around the hydraulic steering ram.. guess that means I have a leak..

But this bx2200 is one of the cleanest older original tractors I've had...even has a New kubota branded battery.. good sign the old owner took good care of it

Also out the box blade that came with the bx2200 on the b7300.. all the weight back there makes it steer like it has power steering.. I also ordered a oem Kubota fuel pump for it.. I was bad and bought a after market one, and it started leaking the same day I put it on.. being cheap is a bad idea sometimes but 140 for a fuel pump sucks

Attachments

Reactions: 1 users