Price check L2501HST in california

btsspec

Equipment
L3901 Kubota
May 21, 2018
San Jose, CA
Hey Guys, new member first post!

I know this is a typical topic, price check, I have and will continue to use the search function and dig up old posts about price checks, but I am curious if anyone out there has bought a kubota in california recently. Im looking at an L2501HST with 60"FEL and a RCR 1260 rotary cutter, was quoted $22501.00 before tax with 0% apr for 60 months, is that a reasonable price or should I get quotes form other dealers in the area.

Second, my sales guy is reluctant to give me a price breakout for the tractor, loader and rotary cutter, seems strange, also I asked for a qoute for 0% 84 months with 20% down and the price was different, he quoted $23700.00, do dealers change the price of the tractor depending on the financing options?

Thanks!

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
Suggestions:

1. Use Kubota.com to configure and price the tractor you want. You'll know the list price to see what if any discount is being applied. https://apps.kubotausa.com/configurator/BuildMyKubota.aspx?pgId=1&bmId=1060&sId=125

2. Always get multiple quotes whenever possible. I'd be very suspicious if dealer is unwilling to itemize the costs and to explain difference if financing prices. I took a very quick look and only seen the terms for the 0% 84 month financing, but didn't see if the 60 month differed somehow. The are likely to have the details defined somewhere on Kubota's website should you want to educate yourself before your next dealer visit.

3. Also make certain your quotes are for the exact same configured tractor. Options can really alter the price. You're tractor description is not specific enough.

4. Recommend getting the 2-Lever Style Coupler for bucket. Someday you might want to use forks, different bucket style, etc and will offer greater functionality of the FEL. Plus you can buy any brand implement that uses this very popular mounting option.

5. Might also consider the 3-pt telescopic stabilizers to make implement connections easier.

Have fun shopping!

Last edited:

btsspec

Equipment
L3901 Kubota
May 21, 2018
San Jose, CA
Thanks for your input and suggestions, Im gonna shop around with other dealers, my local dealer didnt give me a price breakout and then after checking the retail price on the kubota website, looks like he was only giving me a 2% price cut off retail, from what Ive read most dealerships give around 10% off the online retail price.

Suggestions:

1. Use Kubota.com to configure and price the tractor you want. You'll know the list price to see what if any discount is being applied. https://apps.kubotausa.com/configurator/BuildMyKubota.aspx?pgId=1&bmId=1060&sId=125

2. Always get multiple quotes whenever possible. I'd be very suspicious if dealer is unwilling to itemize the costs and to explain difference if financing prices. I took a very quick look and only seen the terms for the 0% 84 month financing, but didn't see if the 60 month differed somehow. The are likely to have the details defined somewhere on Kubota's website should you want to educate yourself before your next dealer visit.

3. Also make certain your quotes are for the exact same configured tractor. Options can really alter the price. You're tractor description is not specific enough.

4. Recommend getting the 2-Lever Style Coupler for bucket. Someday you might want to use forks, different bucket style, etc and will offer greater functionality of the FEL. Plus you can buy any brand implement that uses this very popular mounting option.

5. Might also consider the 3-pt telescopic stabilizers to make implement connections easier.

Have fun shopping!