bx25 belly mower problem

casswhitten

Equipment
bx 25
May 21, 2018
clinton
When attaching my belly mower to my bx25 the hitch will not lower enough to attach the deck. I have height set to 0 . I have had the same issues the last two seasons attaching the deck my dealer told me to shake/bang on the hitch linkage and that worked. But no luck this year. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Cass

casswhitten

Equipment
bx 25
May 21, 2018
clinton
When attaching my belly mower to my bx25 the hitch will not lower enough to attach the deck. I have height set to 0 . I have had the same issues the last two seasons attaching the deck my dealer told me to shake/bang on the hitch linkage and that worked. But no luck this year. any help would be appreciated. Thanks Cass[

bxray

Equipment
Bx25d
Dec 1, 2014
Cleveland, ohio
Sounds like my dealer.
They told me it was because of the ***8220;new paint! Just bang on it!***8221;

After getting the workshop manual I found that there is an adjustment in back behind the left tire. A bolt with a lock nut.
When the 3-p hitch is lowered the lever on the side dropps the mower hitch.

Ray

redfernclan

Jul 18, 2014
Sweet home, Oregon
Mine is sometimes stiff [head out of the gutter please] and I have to pull it down while pushing the lever to the lower position. the second the arms contact the mower deck, they stop lowering. sometimes I can hold the lever to the lower position and wiggle the deck around, that allows the arms to fall all the way down. I usually have to get on my hands and knees about 4 to six times a side before I get it all lined up and latched in, that does not include hooking up the drive shaft which my old carpultunneled hands have a problem with sometime.