Remote cameras on a tractor?

WildThing

Mar 8, 2018
New London, NH
So, I figured back up cameras are for sissies, but on my automobile type vehicles I have gotten to like them quite a lot.

I am sure that its been done, but I might as well just ask: Do Kubota folks mount remote cameras on their Kubotas? It seems to me a rugged camera offering a view of the front bucket could be a better solution (or at least another helpful thing) than the various rods and such that have been on L tractors for a few years showing the bucket tilt angle.

If I was Kubota dreaming up the Lxx80, I would probably be looking at cameras, as they actually can be done for cheap.

anavidi

Equipment
B2601
Nov 28, 2017
POWAY
I mounted a GoPro to my bucket and then mounted one of those phone holding car dash mount things to the hood. However streaming the preview from GoPro to Phone had about a two second lag so it wasn’t quite as usable as I would’ve liked. But hey I already had the go Pro and The car Dash mount so it didn’t cost me anything extra. For precise actions it could come in handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Lots of guys with Cabs have done them, While I would like a cab, I think the view is somewhat less than without. If you do a You Tube search for paul short, he has several mounted in his Grand L and they do a very nice job. If you go that route post some pictures, it might give someone else some ideas

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
good number of threads in here on the topic if you have not searched yet.

WildThing

Mar 8, 2018
New London, NH
I knew you guys were on this!

Thanks for the good information.

I had done a quick forum search without luck, but only for the search term "camera", and gave up too easily.

Kurtee

Equipment
BX2660, BX2680 cab, JD 2032R, Honda 5518, JD X590, JD X739
Oct 3, 2013
Nicollet, mn
I have thought about putting one on my Allis for the rear snow blower. Neck doesn't turn so easy anymore.

Wildfire

Equipment
Kubota L5740 HSTC3 and a Kubota ZG222Z, 2013 BX25D,Custom Toyota fork lift.
So, I figured back up cameras are for sissies, but on my automobile type vehicles I have gotten to like them quite a lot.

I am sure that its been done, but I might as well just ask: Do Kubota folks mount remote cameras on their Kubotas? It seems to me a rugged camera offering a view of the front bucket could be a better solution (or at least another helpful thing) than the various rods and such that have been on L tractors for a few years showing the bucket tilt angle.

If I was Kubota dreaming up the Lxx80, I would probably be looking at cameras, as they actually can be done for cheap.
Not sure about the sissy part but here you go. :D

Attachments

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Paul my man, hows things in the GWN,, oh wait, you're not in the GWN,.
Have been following the things going on in the shop, I do wish you well !;)

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
My son in law gave me one of those remote back up camera kits Christmas before last. It was supposed to go on the back of my travel trailer. It is a remote (radio signal) camera. I never got around to using it. You guys gave me an idea. Thanks. Would it be better to mount the camera down behind the seat like under the toolbox or up high under the canopy near the ROPS. Any inputs?
I love this forum. I get so many ideas from different perspectives/locations.

Wildfire

Equipment
Paul my man, hows things in the GWN,, oh wait, you're not in the GWN,.
Have been following the things going on in the shop, I do wish you well !;)
Going well my friend although it’s crazy busy. I remember a time when life was less complicated lol. There wasn’t much white up here this past winter. Climate is changing but I’m ok with that. I hope all is going well on your end.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Im sure you will do well,, on this end its one step one day, she is not getting better so I guess we shall see. Give the pretty Lady a hug and tell her she has got to be a Saint for putting up with you ;)

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
I mounted one on my BX, it’s very useful when using the forks. I turned a brass piece to mount the camera on a powerful magnet, so I can move it as needed. I don’t operate in the rain, so not having a cab isn’t a problem. The monitor allows two cameras, the other is up on the ROPS for a rear view. It cost less than a hundred dollars for everything.

Jerry

Attachments

FrozenOrange

Equipment
L3901HST, B7100
May 8, 2017
North Pole Alaska
Great idea. Placing the camera on a magnetic base is brilliant. I can move the camera where I need a good view for the task at hand. Up front for the forks or out back for rear implement work. That will sure save raising up in the seat to see the forks and killing the tractor. I can move it when/where I need it. Thank you.

coachgeo

Equipment
L225 w/woods Few Mowers & Back Blade, D722 in Motorcycle (Triumph Tiger), LMTV
Nov 16, 2012
Southern OH
measure your camera's delay. By the time the image gets to the screen it may be .25 seconds later..... it may be 1 second later.

Knowing this is pretty important in some cases.

Kennyd4110

Vendor Member
Sep 7, 2013
Westminster, MD
www.boltonhooks.com
Great idea. Placing the camera on a magnetic base is brilliant. I can move the camera where I need a good view for the task at hand. Up front for the forks or out back for rear implement work. That will sure save raising up in the seat to see the forks and killing the tractor. I can move it when/where I need it. Thank you.
You still need to get power ( +12v ) to the camera, even though the link back to the display is wireless. I ran a wire down my loader, but am thinking of making a battery adapter that fits my Dewalt tool batteries to make it portable. There are ones out there on Thingiverse you can print on a 3D printer of butcher up an old charger.

BravoXray

Equipment
BX-25D, Ford 9N, Bobcat 825. Too many implements to list
Feb 6, 2014
Lake Winola,PA.
The Pyle setup that I used isn’t wireless, the power and the video signal run together. I ran split loom along the boom, and left some extra to allow me to set the camera right on the back guard of the forks so that I can see the tips as I enter a pallet. With the forks level, I can’t see the tips from the operator’s seat. There is no discernible delay in the video signal. To see the rear view I just press a button on the monitor, and it selects the rear camera.
I can’t claim credit for the magnet idea, I read it somewhere when I was researching this project and refined it with the brass post to get a better handle to move it. That magnet is strong! I also added some Velcro strips to hold the extra wire when I don’t have the forks on the machine, I just stick the camera on the loader arm and coil up the wire and snug it up with the Velcro.

Jerry

Wildfire

Equipment
Im sure you will do well,, on this end its one step one day, she is not getting better so I guess we shall see. Give the pretty Lady a hug and tell her she has got to be a Saint for putting up with you ;)
Thanks bud. All we can do is take life one day at a time. I hope and pray things will improve on your end. I agree. 37 years and she’ll still with me. All I can say is it must have been some bad where she was before me :D