Let's See Some Garden Pictures

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 L4600, Disk, Brush Hog, GB60 Garden Bedder, GSS72 Grading Scraper
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
We dug our taters on Monday and rest of garden looking good as well.

We have 1800 feet of rows, rows are 100' and 90' long.

Have corn, watermelons, okra, peas, snap beans, tomatoes, cukes, various peppers, beets, asparagus, and had taters but as you can see they are done and so is the asparagus.

What you got planted, been raining here for the last few hours so garden is happy?

I made up 25 gallons of "worm juice" this week and applied to garden along with some organic fertilizer.

Attachments

Reactions: 1 user

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Here are a couple of pics of the worm juice.

I collect water from my compost bin then pour into the 30 gallon drum. Add bag of chicken manure, 1 cup of molasses, drop in 2 areators and let brew for 48 hours. Strain through cheese cloth into containers then spray on garden. Lots of nitrogen for the plants and microbes as the plants draw it in through there leaves.

Anyone interested in more details let me know and I will be glad to provide answers if I can or more pictures.

Attachments

Redlands

Sep 16, 2016
North Central Oklahoma
Gees i know i be a bit behind. I be in central Oklahoma and just got corn, okra and peas planted. Tomatoes and peppers are about boot top high. Lettuce and radish have done good so far and pretty tasty.
Apple trees have apples about the size of a plum. Rest of the the fruit trees seem to be on vacation this year. Late freeze got em i guess.

Last edited:

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Taters here are growing,,Yukon golds ,,, only about 40% of what I planted sprouted this year for some reason, and this is from registered seed taters too.. Nothing else is doing to well maters and peppers seem to have leaf rot and the buds just form and fall off,,, perplexing to say the least :confused:

8upbowhunter

Equipment
L4701 FEL, Cutter, Discs and Land Plane
Dec 15, 2016
S/E Louisiana
My garden is just about done, down to picking the last of my tomatoes and peppers. Cucumbers were finished a week ago. We had over 11" of rain the past 2 weeks so that didn't help my garden any either.

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Just got started here second week of May. 48 tomato plants (4 varieties), 30 pepper plants (6 varieties), 12 zucchini, 8 egg plant, 12 cukes, 36 green beans, strawberries, herbs. My garden isn't anywhere near as big as what it sounds like some of you guys tend to.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Just got started here second week of May. 48 tomato plants (4 varieties), 30 pepper plants (6 varieties), 12 zucchini, 8 egg plant, 12 cukes, 36 green beans, strawberries, herbs. My garden isn't anywhere near as big as what it sounds like some of you guys tend to.
Mine is 3/4 acre.

Last year put up 458 ears of corn, 32 quarts of tomatoes, 6 gallons of squash, and 52 quarts of tomatoes the year before.

I have 98 asparagus plants which typically yields me a bundle per plant.

You can grow a lot is a small place by choosing the right crops. I plant twice in summer as my squash, beans, cukes start to fade I replant them.

I have a fall crop of various plants and start over early in spring.

bgk

Apr 23, 2017
Accord, ny
Mine is 3/4 acre.

Last year put up 458 ears of corn, 32 quarts of tomatoes, 6 gallons of squash, and 52 quarts of tomatoes the year before.

I have 98 asparagus plants which typically yields me a bundle per plant.

You can grow a lot is a small place by choosing the right crops. I plant twice in summer as my squash, beans, cukes start to fade I replant them.

I have a fall crop of various plants and start over early in spring.

I'm nowhere close to that... YET. Purchased my house with just under 15 acres not quite a year and a half ago. I'm working on clearing some of the land but I also have to bring in some fill and soil. It's a lot of shale here. Hopefully by next year or the following I can have my dream garden which would be right around an acre.

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Great idea for a thread. Here are some pictures of our garden...

We are just starting to get some strawberries...

1st planting of peas starting to flower and some tiny peas just starting to grow....

Corn popping up...

Carrots popping up and been eating lots of salad!

Beans have a ways to go...

Also found a reason to play on the backhoe...we dug some 4'-5' deep holes, 4-5' in diameter.

Back filled with lots of composted horse manure, some straw, and loose dirt.

Never grew any pumpkins before....might be a couple weeks late, but hoping for the best.

The three kids are having a competition who can grow the biggest pumpkin.

Year #2 of our garden....and having a lot of fun with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Raised beds are the way to go for a small gardens,, what did you use for the side of the raised beds?

ipz2222

Equipment
L235, bx2670
May 30, 2009
chickamauga ga usa
Toneloc, my garden,,, uh,, my wifes garden looks very much like yours. I built the beds and she plants and takes care of it. Last year was bad, worms, insects and rot. This year just the opposite. Sprayed everything with neem oil and no bugs or insects. Lettuce, Yukon potatoes, and radishes already eating. Wife made potato soup from the garden today and man was it good. Ate twice as much as I should have. Peach and nectarine trees last year almost broke branches, this year, one peach from 4 trees. Early bloom, no bees to pollinate and 2 freezes.

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Skeetz....I made the beds from galvanized metal roofing. I cut 16" pieces, bent the corner pieces, and put 2 rivets in ever seem. Then built the top frame and just used metal roof screws to attach. Used galvanized EMT (electrical conduit) for stakes to support the sides. Nice part is the stakes fit right in between the congregation in the sheet metal and the wood frame.

Good stuff ipz....potato soup sounds great. My wife will make that potato soup from the Olive garden, with Kayle from the garden and venison.....good stuff...

Pretty cool how people from Southern parts of the country are way ahead of where we are in the Northeast.

skeets

Equipment
BX 2360 /B2601
Oct 2, 2009
SW Pa
Soooo your up in north east,,,, catching any walleyes yet?

Bulldog777

Equipment
L3200, RTA1266, Modern 5' BB, Mustang 60 FM
Jan 25, 2017
Texas
Potatoes were dug a while ago, 3- 120ft rows. We canned them.
On my second planting of sweet corn.
Tomatoes are starting to come in, 100 plants. Yellow squash, I'm picking everyday. Green beans canned and still making. Peas are close to being ready to pick.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Toneloc

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2013 - BX25D
Apr 7, 2016
Northwest PA
Wow, you guys have some "real" gardens! Impressive the amount of produce you guys are putting up. Good stuff.

Creature Meadow

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Sep 19, 2016
Central North Carolina
Some nice gardens and we also like to put away veggies.

On way home finally been in Ann Arbor all week have not seen garden since last weekend.

I'll post some pics tomorrow of how she is looking, lots of rain before we left so should be thriving.

Yooper

Lifetime Member

Equipment
3901 LA525
May 31, 2015
NE Wisconsin
Pictures of the wife's raised bed garden. I'm impressed with the amount of veggies she gets out of those little boxes.

Put up the chain link fence for her this spring and added the electric fence to repel the critters. Owl theme on the gate in honor of the nesting pair of Great Horned owls that have a nest in our large white pine tree. The last picture is of a wheeled cart I designed and my son and daughter welded two of them together for Mothers' Day a couple of years back.

Attachments