L2501 acts like it's starving for fuel

Kdub4Prez

Equipment
L2501 FEL, Land Pride Box Blade, and 4 hard working kids
Mar 10, 2017
Camden, SC
So finally heard back from from dealer. They are replacing the lift pump
I'm curious if your problem was fixed? My L2501 is doing this same thing and I have tried everything to no avail.

Benhameen

Equipment
2012 Kubota L3800 HST W/FEL and 1963 JD 2010 row crop utility
Jan 27, 2013
Southern IL.
Although, I don’t have this model I’m curious if this fixed the problem as well.

Also wondering if this might be the problem that beaterboss had with his causing him to trade it in on a different tractor, take a look at the “ Ive had ENOUGH” thread.

dirtydeed

Lifetime Member

Equipment
B2650 BH77, U27-4R2, BX23TLBM, box blade, rear blade, flail mower, Stump Grinder
Dec 8, 2017
Wind Gap, PA
Although, I don’t have this model I’m curious if this fixed the problem as well.

Also wondering if this might be the problem that beaterboss had with his causing him to trade it in on a different tractor, take a look at the “ Ive had ENOUGH” thread.
Was thinking the same thing...Symptoms sound pretty similar.

degoniaorange82

Equipment
l2501hst, 5ft. tiller, box blade and finnish mower, subsoiler and plow
Nov 9, 2017
southwest indiana
My l2501 did the same thing at 20hrs...dealer said a valve? on the fuel pump had vibrated loose, causing it to draw air into the fuel system. He said they removed the piece, cleaned the threads and put back together. I've put 10 hrs on it since and it runs great.

Shadetree03

Equipment
L2501, King Kutter, Landscape Rake, Titan 3pt forks
Sep 20, 2017
Pueblo, CO
My L2501 also seemed to "cut out" when opening the throttle above 1800 RPM for longer periods. Since most of the time I vary the throttle position and run below that, it usually only happened in transport mode, or higher RPM PTO work...

I tried loosening the fuel cap and that seems to fix it for me. I think that with a full tank, diesel seems to get up into the rubber gasket and airlock it...I'll watch it for now..

Dave_eng

Lifetime Member

Equipment
M7040, Nuffield 465
Oct 6, 2012
Williamstown Ontario Canada
My L2501 also seemed to "cut out" when opening the throttle above 1800 RPM for longer periods. Since most of the time I vary the throttle position and run below that, it usually only happened in transport mode, or higher RPM PTO work...

I tried loosening the fuel cap and that seems to fix it for me. I think that with a full tank, diesel seems to get up into the rubber gasket and airlock it...I'll watch it for now..
Many tractors do not need a fuel pump all the time. Often the pump is needed when climbing steep hills or when fuel levels in the tank are low.

At all other times gravity can deliver the needed fuel to the injection pump.

I do NOT know the layout of your tractor and this comment may be totally incorrect if the total fuel tank is lower than the injection pump.

Dave

CapnDean

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L6060,ZD1211
Feb 22, 2018
Gulfport, MS USA
My L3901 flat ass shut down on a bush hog job. Fresh fuel filters and all. Acted just as BHAM described. I was getting minimal fuel flow downstream of the lift pump. When I took the fuel line off the fitting at the tank.... I did not get a face full of fuel. A shot of compressed air back into the tank solved the problem. At 200 hours I had somehow gotten a leaf in the fuel tank. Sometimes the solution is soooo simple. Crap in the tank.