Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
Good for you AND the new buyer. Looks like my first tractor, a Ford F-1700, only in way better shape. It had been beat and stored outside almost its whole life but it sure did the job for me. 'Course, the Kubota is light years ahead of that old machine.

You'll love the new tractor...

cliffboyer

Equipment
L3301 w/LA525 loader, G5200 mower w/RC48 deck, Kawasaki 610 Mule, DR mower
Nov 30, 2017
Southern IL
Before Kubota purchase, the plan was to keep the Iseki and add PS & FEL. Even bought a FEL to adapt to it. After adding up cost & time involed, i came to my senses. The time element was the main thing. When the wife suggested buying a tractor ready to work I didn't hesitate! I love that woman!

CaveCreekRay

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3800 HST, KingKutter box scraper, KingKutter 66" rake, County Pride Subsoiler
Jul 11, 2014
Cave Creek, AZ
My wife couldn't drive my old Ford. It was a manual.

The Kubota was HST and she ended up driving it for me. She discovered she actually enjoyed it! Saved me a bunch of time and effort. I broke up 2700' of tile in the house and after filling the bucket, she would take it out and dump it in the dumpster for me. She set a couple manhole collars and covers for me while I spotted her and positioned them. She moved over 50 large boulders with a sling from here to there and later back again during a big landscape job. So, I call it her tractor. She just lets me use it. :)

cerlawson

Equipment
rotiller, box scraper,etc.
Feb 24, 2011
PORTAGE, WI
I'm in the same boat as Cave Creek in some respects. Had a BX for about 7 years, put a few hindered hours on it at our city lot. I used it for mowing mine and a neighbor's lot and used it for snow plowing and making paths for my small dog in deep snow. Did all the earth grading for re-shaping the lot also. However, from about 100 hours on had many fuel stoppage problems. Removed and cleaned tank, larger fuel filter and many 0ther major changes or fixes, but those damn stoppages for no reason obvious were too much for me. So I made a trade with the dealer for a new Simplicity tractor with 50" belly mower. Also bought a new snow blower of 24" width. Sure can't do many things the Kubota did, such as dig, etc. But with gasoline I feel a whole lot more confident that I can get a job done and there won't be a stoppage out in the middle of a job. This 90 year old guy just had too much with the BX and I wasn't sorry to see it go.