What did you do to or on your Kubota today?

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3560, 64" snowblower, 72" back blade
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Nothing better than a ‘60’s-something Chevy! Don’t care Chevelle, Impala, Camaro...all good [emoji106]Never been a Corvette fan....
Skeets would lead toward MOPAR....which is cool too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, my first car was a 69 Camero, had a 67, 76, 79Z but I have to admit I'd trade it all for a 70-71 Cuda with a 440-6 or a Hemi, kinda like going out with a brunette and falling for a blonde or red head right skeets. Us motor heads just love them all.

RCW

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2360, FEL, MMM, BX2750D snowblower. 1953 Minneapolis Moline ZAU
Apr 28, 2013
Chenango County, NY
Yep, my first car was a 69 Camaro.
Mine was a ‘67 Caprice. 4 door in white with the 327 4 bbl. Jacked up with air shocks and L60’s in back with chrome dish wheels. Stock rally wheels in front with covers and rings.
Oh, the Cherry Bomb header mufflers were loud! “For off road and track use only...”

Last edited:

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
Mine was a ‘67 Caprice. 4 door in white with the 327 4 bbl. Jacked up with air shocks and L60’s in back with chrome dish wheels. Stock rally wheels in front with covers and rings.
Oh, the Cherry Bomb header mufflers were loud! “For off road and track use only...”

Yep, if we could only go back for a day or so.

Kubota_Man

Equipment
BX24, Rear blade, Front blade, Snowblower, 54" MMM, Box scraper, Landscape rake
Dec 25, 2010
Kellogg, Idaho
You just brought fond back memories...I remember driving along the Halifax harbour (Nova Scotia) in a 66 Chevelle popping wheelies with my wife and a good friend when we were in our 20's. WAY more fun than on a tractor lol.:D:D:D
Memories indeed. When I was a young kid I remember loading up my Dad's Chevy 1/2 ton with so much firewood that when we were at highway speeds going up a local short grade that the front tires were skimming the road at best. I remember seeing him turn the wheel on direction while the front tires were up in the air and when they would bounce the truck would turn in the new direction. That was in the late 70s. During that time there wasn't any tickets given out...Today that would be a totally different deal. I sure do miss the family togetherness I don't miss the act of harvesting firewood for the winter.

JustinB60

Equipment
LX2610 w/LA535, QH15, PL1242
Mar 31, 2018
USA
Got some quality time on the B2601 today, put about 4 hours on it while tearing out deck posts and hauling away some poured cement that was randomly placed around an above ground pool that I took out. A few of the posts were buried really deep with a lot of cement around them, I'd guess just the cement ball on the biggest ones was 250'ish lb. The 3 pt worked well to remove the posts that didnt have a lot of cement around them (like the one in the photo below) but the ones with the big ball of cement at the base needed a little loader love to get them out.

Oh and I found a cool little newt having some lunch.

Attachments

Last edited:

Teg1928

Equipment
Grand L4200 4x4 GTSC, FEL, Tiller, PH Driller, finish mower, Bush hog, + more
Sep 15, 2016
Martinsville, Indiana
My other half found a free mini barn (only 6'x6') and we took the trailer and the L4200 out and retrieved it. Got both of them back home in the same trip. Now we have a new "Goat Barn" for Loki ("The goatee!).:D

bearbait

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Dec 9, 2011
New Glasgow Canada
My other half found a free mini barn (only 6'x6') and we took the trailer and the L4200 out and retrieved it. Got both of them back home in the same trip. Now we have a new "Goat Barn" for Loki ("The goatee!).:D
My buddy had a goat (Rover) years ago and he was one crazy animal. Every time I came for a visit he would come running at me just on his hind legs, head down and ready to play. For some reason he didn't like women too much and would never let them walk in front of him and if they tried to get by he would give them the side butt.

ItBmine

Equipment
B2620, RTV-X1100C
Jan 21, 2014
Canada
Took the U25s mini X flying, that's my crane, and it will put the mini 50' away and over 100' high, handy for getting into places with no other access. Besides my personal use of the mini, I hope to pick up a little work for it by having this ability of flying it into tight spots.
Wow, nice Mack Granite crane! We've always had lots of boom trucks with flat decks around here, but I'm starting to see more and more of those truck mounted cranes now.

markbxr400

Equipment
L3901, LA525, RC1860, SCR0660, BB1260
May 19, 2018
Magnolia Springs, aL
New to me 2017 L3901 that I've put about 50 hours on in the past 3 weeks that Ive owned it. Filled about 100 holes left by pulling trees, and mowed about 5 of my 34 acres before they rain shut me down.

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Wow, nice Mack Granite crane! We've always had lots of boom trucks with flat decks around here, but I'm starting to see more and more of those truck mounted cranes now.
Good eyes! The cool thing about that rig is I bought it from a family owned Wisconsin metal fab shop, who does stainless work in dairys and food plants. They bought the truck and crane brand new, then did their own mounting, and then took it to be certified. The side rails and the under bed dunnage racks, are 100% stainless steel, because they had it laying around and like working it! No more scratched paint on carbon steel (and then rust) sides, now it's bullet proof! It's one of a kind, the crane itself has 110' of main boom, that was only 85' or so in the pic I think.

Today I set trusses on a 60' by 70' shop (for a stockbroker, who has a lot of toys according to the carpenters), then came home and after a short break continued on my weeks long project of cutting in a trail through 1/4 mile of sloping/steep Quaking Aspen that a creek flows through. I rough it in using the recently bought lightly used kubota U25 mini excavator, with thumb, and with it I get it so I can then use the L3301 tractor and the scraper blade set at a side angle, to put the required final side angle in the trail. NO ROCKS on almost all of it, but lots of tree roots etc. In between I run the WoodMaxx chipper on the tractor PTO (swapping out the scraper blade) and get rid of the waste trees and also get free ships for the trail surface. The two Kubota's are a awesome combo. Another awesome and required tool has been a 60 volt electric chainsaw, bought from Lowes, perfect for up to 12" logs, but most 3 or 4", and no more noise or pulling on a starter rope! Unbelievable battery power, and the same battery plugs in the lawn mower, hours of work, and by the time I eat lunch it's fully charged for the rest of the day, I love that thing.

Attachments

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Good eyes! The cool thing about that rig is I bought it from a family owned Wisconsin metal fab shop, who does stainless work in dairys and food plants. They bought the truck and crane brand new, then did their own mounting, and then took it to be certified. The side rails and the under bed dunnage racks, are 100% stainless steel, because they had it laying around and like working it! No more scratched paint on carbon steel (and then rust) sides, now it's bullet proof! It's one of a kind, the crane itself has 110' of main boom, that was only 85' or so in the pic I think.

Today I set trusses on a 60' by 70' shop (for a stockbroker, who has a lot of toys according to the carpenters), then came home and after a short break continued on my weeks long project of cutting in a trail through 1/4 mile of sloping/steep Quaking Aspen that a creek flows through. I rough it in using the recently bought lightly used kubota U25 mini excavator, with thumb, and with it I get it so I can then use the L3301 tractor and the scraper blade set at a side angle, to put the required final side angle in the trail. NO ROCKS on almost all of it, but lots of tree roots etc. In between I run the WoodMaxx chipper on the tractor PTO (swapping out the scraper blade) and get rid of the waste trees and also get free ships for the trail surface. The two Kubota's are a awesome combo. Another awesome and required tool has been a 60 volt electric chainsaw, bought from Lowes, perfect for up to 12" logs, but most 3 or 4", and no more noise or pulling on a starter rope! Unbelievable battery power, and the same battery plugs in the lawn mower, hours of work, and by the time I eat lunch it's fully charged for the rest of the day, I love that thing.
What brand is your chainsaw?

flyidaho

Equipment
L 3301 HST
Feb 28, 2017
IDAHO
Greenworks, a house brand of Lowes I think maybe? They now offer 80 volt models, and also 40 volt, the 60's were phased out. Besides not yanking on a rope to start it, when doing sporadic cutting like I do, there is zero time spent idling. How many times do you shut a gasser off thinking you're done, then immediately realize you have to restart? The E power makes the entire process more pleasant, I should also mention I have a large grid tied solar system and a large surplus of KWH's "in the bank" with my utility, so it's all free to charge it up, only pennies anyway. Go with the higher volts, always, no downside.

BAP

Lifetime Member

Equipment
2012 Kubota 2920, 60MMM, FEL, BH65 48" Bush Hog, 60"Backblade, B2782B Snowblower
Dec 31, 2012
New Hampshire
Yeah I was like :eek: stomping on reverse and brake while picking up speed, about half way down the hill it hit me my rear wheels were off the ground. Today I grew a brain and installed my 500lbs of suitcase weights.
3 things,
1) with a full bucket put in 4 wheel drive.
2) with a full bucket and not enough counter weight, Back down the hill.
3) If you loose control, drop the bucket to the ground to regain control.

HD Orange

Lifetime Member

Equipment
BX2680TV60D/R4 Tires/LA344S Loader/QH-1O Quick Hitch Orange/BB0548 Box Scraper
Feb 28, 2018
El Cajon Ca
Started working on the CarryAll that I returned and re-purchased from TSC this month. My QH-05 would not work with the TSC CarryAll, so I ordered a new Land Pride QH-10 from Dealer today. Thanks again for the great suggestions from members on this Forum in solving my problem. From a Newbie.

Attachments