Power beyond on Kubota L3240HST?

dirtpiranha

Apr 28, 2018
Flippin, AR, US
3rd function project. Where do I tap into for power beyond and where to tap into for return flow? Can you send a photo too? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
L3450DT-GST, Woods FEL, B7100 HSD, FEL, 60" SB, 743 Bobcat with V2203, and more
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
You need 5 posts to upload a photo.
Just post some on here and you'll be able to do it.
You would break the PB out of the loader valve and the return will go to where you break off of the PB.
Think of it as a loop.

dirtpiranha

Apr 28, 2018
Flippin, AR, US
North Idaho Wildman

Thanks. I don't think I have 5 photos to post that would mean anything.... Or that anyone needs to see. I guess the 5 photo requirement is to weed out the bots.

My FEL disconnects are color coded. Which one (color) would be power beyond?
Or is the power beyond found in a port on the FEL control valve?

The you tube videos are never of my L3240. Just others with junction blocks that mine does not have. I may go to the local Kubota shop and ask a mechanic to point it out where the tap in and out is on this model.

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
North Idaho Wildman

Thanks. I don't think I have 5 photos to post that would mean anything.... Or that anyone needs to see. I guess the 5 photo requirement is to weed out the bots.

My FEL disconnects are color coded. Which one (color) would be power beyond?
Or is the power beyond found in a port on the FEL control valve?

The you tube videos are never of my L3240. Just others with junction blocks that mine does not have. I may go to the local Kubota shop and ask a mechanic to point it out where the tap in and out is on this model.

5 posts, not 5 Photos, and yes to weed out spam bots. ;)

Yes power beyond will be one of the three lines that are for the FEL valve.

What is the model of the loader?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
OH MY... I just looked up the connections for a third function, YIKES, that's go to be one of the scariest looking set of prints I've ever seen.

Ok start with the basics:
I take it you want to add a generic third function and not a OEM third function right?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Ok now for the ugly news...It can't be done on that model without some serious altering of the hydraulic system, they have not provided a non invasive way to tap into the power beyond circuit.

I was confused as to why it was so hard till I noticed that they did not add at the factory the Block to be able to tie into the Power circuit, the block does not only allows you to tie into the circuit, it also adds the needed pressure relief valve into that circuit, which without it would blow the lines or more likely the seals out of your pump.
And FYI you can't just get the block as the block uses a stock third function valve bolted to it.

Have you already purchased the third function valve?
If you can't return it, you might be able to sell it on here for what you got it for.

You would be far better off getting a diverter valve, that would allow you to tie into the roll circuit to gain a third function for something like a grapple with out the need to tie into the power beyond circuit.
The valve gets mounted on the front of the loader and one wire loom runs to the loader controller in the back.

Last edited:

dirtpiranha

Apr 28, 2018
Flippin, AR, US
Ok now for the ugly news...It can't be done on that model without some serious altering of the hydraulic system, they have not provided a non invasive way to tap into the power beyond circuit.

I was confused as to why it was so hard till I noticed that they did not add at the factory the Block to be able to tie into the Power circuit, the block does not only allows you to tie into the circuit, it also adds the needed pressure relief valve into that circuit, which without it would blow the lines or more likely the seals out of your pump.
And FYI you can't just get the block as the block uses a stock third function valve bolted to it.

Have you already purchased the third function valve?
If you can't return it, you might be able to sell it on here for what you got it for.

You would be far better off getting a diverter valve, that would allow you to tie into the roll circuit to gain a third function for something like a grapple with out the need to tie into the power beyond circuit.
The valve gets mounted on the front of the loader and one wire loom runs to the loader controller in the back.
Thank you. (Ouch!)

dirtpiranha

Apr 28, 2018
Flippin, AR, US
Thank you. (Ouch!)

After getting the bad news I went to my Kubota dealer to speak to a mechanic. He did not seem to be familiar with this model but did show me a plate on top of the transaxle under the seat that on some models can be removed and replaced with a device that gives a power beyond access. I pulled my tractor seat off on my L3240HST and saw a similar plate. It is the plate with two bolts holding it down in photo. Does any one know about the function of the plate and what hydraulics it contains? Could one DIY the converter part?

North Idaho Wolfman

Staff member
Lifetime Member

Equipment
Jun 9, 2013
Sandpoint, ID
Yes you could replace that block with a revised block to tap into, but with 5 ports in the block, I think that the block will cost you plenty.

I thought about your problem from a different angle, they did install BH's on them so that's what I looked at.

Here is how they tap it, they replace the pipe in yellow, you could either try and source that setup or rather simply make you own.

This will give you a power beyond loop to run a 3rd function valve. ;)

Attachments

Hook

Equipment
L3240 with LA514 FEL, Box Blade, Howard Rotovator, All Purpose Plow, Sub Soiler
Jul 6, 2010
Jackson, Georgia
I don't know if adding a third function valve is different for an L3240 HST than it is for an L3240 GST but I added a WR Long third function valve to my tractor a few months ago. The seat has to be taken off. There was a short piece of piping under the seat that connected to the hydraulic valve underneath the tractor. I had to take the piping loose and saw it into two pieces to get it out. The power beyond port is on the hydraulic valve at the other end of the pipe that is under the seat. I believe that is the same one that Wolfman shows in his picture. The instructions that came with the WR Long valve were correct and it contained all of the necessary fittings for installation. Hope this helps. By the way my loader is an LA 514.

200mph

Equipment
L4740-3 Cab, FEL, Fnt Snow Blower L2185, LP Finish Mower, LP Rotary Mower
Mar 3, 2017
PA
FYI...
When referencing or ordering parts on a Grand L 40 series make certain to specify if it is a Dash-3 as in L3240-3 model or not.

I had to replace a part very similar to what NIW called out on my tractor (leaking weld joint) and there are two different tubes depending on the model revision (-1 or -3).