L2201 Trnsmission Fluid

ctman

Equipment
L2201
Nov 1, 2016
Cravat, Illinois
Am changing all the filters, oil, etc to start off the year. Took the threaded cap off the transmission (on top between shifters and the seat). It is just a flat cap with no "dip stick" indicator on it. I cant see or feel any fluid when I stick my finger in. So how do you ck the fluid level on this tractor? Tks:confused:

thebicman

Equipment
B2601 + BX2755HD + 50" box blade
Feb 2, 2017
Ottawa, ontario
There should be a site glass on the left side either in front of the pedal if you have a manual transmission. Or behind the pedal if its an hst. You can download the users manual from Kubota and it gives you a clear picture of what your looking for.

ctman

Equipment
L2201
Nov 1, 2016
Cravat, Illinois
I will take a look but I don't remember there being any clear places on the side. Thanks for the info. Maybe its covered with dirt:)

Daren Todd

Lifetime Member

Equipment
Massey Ferguson 1825E, Kubota Z121S, Box blade, Rotary Cutter
May 18, 2014
Vilonia, Arkansas
Look for a plug on the side of the transmission. Clutch side, about even with your big toe as your sitting on the tractor with feet on the floor boards. :) plug is sometimes painted orange. To check level, remove plug. If oil runs out, your good. If no oil running out. Top up until oil starts running out ;)

As for oil, since it's geared, you can use any universal tractor hydraulic fluid. Stuff I use is the Napa Auto Parts brand and costs $35 for 5 gallons. :D